Posts by Tonio

Finally, I'm considering three headphones, mainly for classical and jazz:   - Mr Speakers Mad Dog (soundstage compared to open headphones?) - Sennheiser HD600 (which seems to handle classical music pretty well) - Audio-Technica AD900 (I like the idea of a huge soundstage but I don't know if it's realistic)   What do you think?
Thanks a lot,   The choice is quite obvious now but I just wonder how the Mad Dogs compare to the HE-300 and the AD900 in terms of soundstage (for classical symphonies for instance)?  
Hi everyone, I’m going to buy new headphones for listening to mainly classical and jazz music at home.  My budget is about 250-300 $ maximum.  I did some research and came up with a selection of six headphones (please feel free to suggest any other cans).    Beyerdynamic DT880 or DT990 AKG Q701 HiFiMAN HE-300 Audio Technica AD900 Mr Speakers Mad Dog (Fostex T50RP mod.)   I will use them with my RoCoo P DAP (powerful enough to drive them all I think) and...
Finally I bought the Rocoo P and the Vsonic GR07...  Don't think I'll be disapointed.
If I buy the W4, I'll ship it to some place in the US because my mum is going there in April so I'll pay the regular shipping fees for America (price is not the same in Belgium and in euros :D ) but I'll have some trouble if I want to return the used ones (At least I'll have to wait till my mum's next trip to the US).  I'm going to give up on the amp solution since it's maybe not worth it if I get very good IEMs and a good player.  I'll make some more research on the...
Thanks a lot, you (almost) convinced me to buy the J3 over the RoCoo.    But I have a few questions left for you since I know that you own a J3.  First, one thing that is really important in UI for me is the fluidity and I own a Samsung android smartphone that is not fluid at all and I really don't want to buy something that would remind me my phone in this aspect (something like iPhone or iPod UI would be wonderful even if interface is not my main concern).  So if...
Hi milford30,   Thank you very much for your advices.  I've seen somewhere on a french forum that the firmware of the studio V can be installed on the rocoo to provide a sound that is very close to the studio (more analytical) and the rocoo is much cheaper and smaller than the studio so if you think that the sound of the studio firmware in the rocoo can beat the ipod with amp or the J3, then the rocoo will be the most suitable player for me.    As for the iems,...
Finally, I think that the Hifiman doesn't suit anymore my expectations (too bulky to rest all the day in my jeans pocket, compatibility issues with mac, a little pricier compared to the other options,...).  So I delete it from my list.  I'll also change the Fiio E11 to a JDSLabs CmoyBB which has great reviews and feedback everywhere.  I'll also get the Westone 4 for the conveniance they bring compared to full size headphones (I'll certainly invest in some good open back...
Anyone?