or Connect

Posts by blazer78

Isn't that part of the Shure IEM house sound?
After reading your review and so many impressions on head-fi, I still can't seem to decide which IEM to get , SE846 or W60? If I were to get one for absolute versatility of musical genres, which one would you pick?
Look what arrived!     JBL needs no introduction to the audiophile world, but perhaps they are better known for their professional line of products. Of course, as a company, their roots go back to 1945, where James Lansing left Altec Lansing to create JBL (James B. Lansing Sound). Later on they would be sold out to Harman International. Those familiar with the JBL and Harman Kardon house sound will associate it with being warm, lively and energetic. Ever hopeful that...
 I wouldn't recommend it. The compressed air, if it is strong enough, may tear the filter protecting your drivers. Best to use a hearing aid vacuum device, or just give it a gentle blow to see if it can dislodge the debris.
500+ hours for burn in?!
 I was going to write a detailed review on my newly purchased EX650AP until I heard them. Bass response is impressive for a small canalphone, unfortunately I found the treble region to be harsh, sibilant and distorted (the kind you can't fix with EQ). That kind of killed my enthusiasm for these, considering the rave reviews they have gotten from popular websites.
 I think one of the main problems could be the angled nozzle and the shape of the ear canals. When I try to insert it deep the sound just cuts out completely, indicating a complete blockage of the nozzle by the tips. Shame, I like spinning them on my fingertips lol.
 So I ended up trying the S, M and L spinfit tips with the IM70. Unfortunately I couldn't get a proper seal with either of the tip sizes, so won't make any comment on sound. 
Long story short: Try everything.
 Should be 1 to 2 weeks until I receive the tips. I don't have any issues with comply, only that they need to be replaced periodically which requires an upkeep cost.