Posts by phileguy

borrow some ears
you can never go wrong with the sennheiser hd 650 and beyerdynamics dt880 maybe similar in sound signature in some ways depending in your set up..both requires amp and if you find the right combo amp+phones all the cons just forget it.before having this two phones i was reading all the reviews finally pulling the plugs.paired with the right amps your ears will be treated like royalty.i can't tell you what amps you should get because everyone is different you have to mix...
I completely disagree with you as the audio technica ath-ad900 won the 2011 select best headphones award.your comments on the ad900 doesn't mean anything.i woild suggest borrow some ears
as you know highend headphones need significant playing time aka. burnt in as it's not fair to compare the dt 880 pro to the akg k701.i am not a hater of brand i collect headphones and love music.akg k 701 is a good headphone but a one trick donkey.good with classical and very limited.have you tried audio technica ath-ad 900 if not audition it  cheaper than those two headphones.better midrange,bass and highs than the akg k701.everything stays where they are suppose to be...
stop comparing beyerdynamics dt 880 pro,akg k701 as the audio technica won the 2011 select headphone award.misconception about the ad900 will sound good w/o amp but it will sound better with the right amp
I completely disagree as audio technica ath-ad900 will sound better without amp but will blow you away with the right amp.try for yourself with an amp
audio technica is probably the most accurate,balance as the mids,,highs and lows go side by side not one overpowering the others.i have a sennheiser hd 650,ultrasone edition 8.beyerdynamics dt 990 pro,audio technica ath-ad900 and m50.my ultrasone has a better,slightly soundstage than my ad900 but my edition 8 cost  5x more.i listen to my ad900 5 hrs. a day and completely forget about my other cans.it's like having a good quality set of speakers in your head.the music...
Sir i completely disagree with you about the audio technica ath-ad900 as you will never find the accuracy, detail,intimacy,sounstage.mids,highs and low are exacttly where they are supposed to be.My set of cans are sennheiser hd 650,beyerdynamics dt 990 pro,akg k701,m50, ultrasone edition 8 and my beloved ath-ad900.Without amp and with amp just better than the rest of my cans.It is the most natural sounding cans i have ever owned and best overall with the right source and...
I like open cans audition the headphones before purchasing don't go by brand.Some cans are good with instruments,accoustic,jazz,orchestra,rocks and vocals but not all genres.Also some reviewers are just front for certain brands so try before buying and compare.Take advantage of the 30 or 90 day return policy of most stores.audio technica ath-ad700 sell for 90 online or if budget is not an issue try audio technica ath-ad900.it doesn't require amp but will make significant...
i completely disagre,set of cans own audio technica ath-ad700, sennheiser hd 650,akg k702,audio technica ath-ad900,audio technica m50 ,ultrasone edition 8,and my piercing high and overly recessed mids beyerdynamics dt990 pro.i purchased the dt 990 pro because of iresponsible reviews.normally i always audition headphones first.i googled dt 990 pro and it is the dt880 pro with emphasis on low and piercing highs,overly recessed mids.dt 990 pro is not flat nor neutral its v...