Posts by vocalist

I've used mine since August and at least 2 half marathons, a full marathon and plenty of hours at the gym and I'm very happy with them.  They recently had a coupon for 25% off but I think it ended on Christmas Day.  Check Amazon and if you don't want to get them online, Best Buy will match the price.  
Are you looking for Bluetooth iem's?  I have the Jaybird Bluebud X and absolutely love them.  I've used them for multiple races (3 half marathons and a marathon) and months of training - the majority of which was outside.  I've never had them cut out and can typically use them for about a week of running/gym visits before I need to charge them.  I use them with both the iPhone 4S and my iPod Nano 6th gen with a bluetooth dongle and they work equally well.  I think I get a...
Just a small note - OP would need different cables or an adapter to use straight out of the iPhone, depending on the case, as it's a larger plug (like the UM3X from Westone).  
I used to think the same exact thing as the OP until I started experimenting with brands and then within the brands.  I think it really takes some trial and error to figure what works for your ears and what doesn't and whether iem's are the right direction or not.  From my experience, I have small ears so for some reason or another I didn't find Shure to be a good fit for me.  I love the fit of Westone though not as much with the UM line and the most comfortable pair I...
never tried the Ety's but the PFE's are ridiculously comfortable as I have the PFE 232 and was planning to sell them but due to the openness of the soundstage and comfort, I'm really having a hard time letting them go.   That brings me to a question: I was originally planning to trade the 232 for the Westone 4 but because of some sonic differences, I can't bring myself to do it.  I'm wondering if there's another universal that might give me what I'm looking for?   I love...
I have both the AS-2 and the ASG-2 - I hear the ASG-2 nearly the same as the AS-2 though I feel like the G2 has a bit more bass presence with the default settings - valve closed, I believe? My customs have a more comfortable fit though I still seem to get a better seal with the G2 which is odd.
I've been toying with getting a new iem for the gym/running for a while and mine have annoyed me enough that it's finally time to make a change.  I currently have the Sennheiser OCX 685i.  I like the sound and the fit but I don't want/need a remote and I hate how the cables get caught and move around because they don't have a chin slider.    First things first: I am training for a marathon so I run 20-30+ miles/week and generally prefer something over my ears/behind...
I haven't had a lot of time to listen today since receiving my box of goods but so far, the ASG-2 sounds exactly as I had anticipated.  I'm still trying to figure out what tips I prefer but the new body is much more comfortable than the 1.2 and I really like the new double flange tips quite a bit.  As a note, I generally do not use EQ and that holds true here.   I'm currently listening to opera through my Sony A865 and am really enjoying it because I feel like I'm in...
I'm actually really excited about having the custom and non-custom version of this one.  There might be times when listening to customs isn't ideal - especially if I need to take them out quickly -  so it works out really well.  I've also started training for a full marathon (did I mention I'm a little crazy??) so I am contemplating giving the G2 a shot while running.  I think that would make an upcoming 16-mile treadmill run 100x more enjoyable.  
Sadly, I don't think these are for me.  My current issue with my running iem's (Sennheiser) is that there is no chin slider and a hefty remote - which I loved at first - but now gets stuck on everything.  I wear my running iem's (30+ miles/week) behind my ears/neck to avoid microphonics and generally under my shirt so the reflective cable wouldn't be much help, would it?  Sound-wise, it doesn't fit my preferences at all.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to hear them sometime...