or Connect

Posts by HiFiGuy528

I did a video on how to upgrade to carbon fiber headband.    
For those who want to use WA8 with external battery pack. Here's a link to one we've tested and liked. You can play WA8 off the battery pack or recharge WA8.   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0116BX968/  
 When fully charged (LED on charger turns GREEN), WA8 Eclipse should play continuously a little under 4 hrs. Keep in mind that WA8 operates in Class A and all-tube design (not hybrid). The sound you get is similar to a desktop amplifier, not a compromised sound like other small battery amps. WA8 can operate with external battery pack. Here's a link to one we've tested and liked. You can play WA8 off the battery pack or recharge WA8. http://amzn.to/2axxCyD 
 Congrats! Pls. keep us posted with your listening impressions after the initial break-in period (50–100hrs). We would love to see a pic or two as well. 
 Interesting... I'll have to try how TH900 pads effects the sound.  Anyone tried Denon D7000 pads? I like these pads on Fostex TH600/900.
 There are no sonic benefits in using SSD. The speed benefits are marginal. I did a HD upgrade tutorial for Z1es on my website HiFiInsider. S1 should be very similar. 
 AK380 + 380AMP in balanced mode can driver 600 Ohms T1 2nd gen. at respectable volume level and good sound quality. 
 I'll grab a pair to try. Thanks for the tip!  Right now, I like the stock leather pads more than the velour, imaging is better.
I just picked up a new pair for my collection. What's everyone's thoughts on the variety of ear pads HiFiMan offers? My HE-6 came with velour and leather pads, but there are FocusPad, FocusPad-A and VelPad.    Right out of the box, I like the sound quality of leather pads more than velour. What's everyone using?    
 T1, HD600 are easy to drive effectively by either model. AKG K712 needs a LOT of power to reach its potential. We recommend WA6-SE + Sophia 274B upgrade tube for your collection of headphones. BTW, K712 is one of my top headphones. I own every AKG 700 series ever made.