or Connect

Posts by HiFiGuy528

Interesting... I'll have to try how TH900 pads effects the sound.  Anyone tried Denon D7000 pads? I like these pads on Fostex TH600/900.
 There are no sonic benefits in using SSD. The speed benefits are marginal. I did a HD upgrade tutorial for Z1es on my website HiFiInsider. S1 should be very similar. 
 AK380 + 380AMP in balanced mode can driver 600 Ohms T1 2nd gen. at respectable volume level and good sound quality. 
 I'll grab a pair to try. Thanks for the tip!  Right now, I like the stock leather pads more than the velour, imaging is better.
I just picked up a new pair for my collection. What's everyone's thoughts on the variety of ear pads HiFiMan offers? My HE-6 came with velour and leather pads, but there are FocusPad, FocusPad-A and VelPad.    Right out of the box, I like the sound quality of leather pads more than velour. What's everyone using?    
 T1, HD600 are easy to drive effectively by either model. AKG K712 needs a LOT of power to reach its potential. We recommend WA6-SE + Sophia 274B upgrade tube for your collection of headphones. BTW, K712 is one of my top headphones. I own every AKG 700 series ever made.
 I wish ZX2 could because I love how my AK380 works with my 2016 MacBook. yeah, it's brilliant.   I wish there was a way to swap OS to ZX100 version. I hate the Android OS.  I can't imagine volume capped version because my U.S. unit is already low volume enough when using beyer T1 600 Ohms headphones.
If it sounds anything like the DT1770 pro, put me down for one.
 use high quality 1/4" adapters when ever possible. Most on the market are poorly made. Here's link to a good one from AudioQuest. http://amzn.to/2a9Spb6   keep wireless devices such as cell phones, wifi routers, wireless keyboards/mouse, and hard drives a 6–10 inches away from the amp if you're getting EMI. 
 At 116 degrees, the temp gage is pointed at the tubes vent. 100–105 degrees is a typical temp of ALL Class A amplifiers, even desktop solid state ones. WA8 Eclipse operates in Class A and it's all tubes design, not hybrid. WA8 does not have any fans or ugly vent fins on the chassis to reduce heat. It uses the entire chassis to dissipate heat. WA8 Eclipse was designed to be used on a desk or on any flat surface outside without case. Excellent for business travelers or at...