or Connect

Posts by duncan1

Yes agree with edstrelow . I have had many breakages of my 007 MK1  all at the headphone clamping  position . To test I used an analog multimeter on the ohms range  using a fine needle I stuck it in ,inside the clamp and  another further down  the same cable conductor and metered both for continuity ,did the same on each in turn . Worked every time . Never seen a blown driver on one  although I did manage to blow an old Stax Lamba  when testing  using a sine wave input...
Not someone who just plugs a part in and thats it  I noticed that my system was now a bit too open for me personally . This is not in any way -shape or form caused by the 2Qute  as it only reproduces  what it is given ,no my Stax SRM-727-mk 2 which I have heavily modified from sounding -well laid back to very open  wasnt what I wanted . So I went the easiest way of making changes and in the process found out that  my Cyrus XTSE2 -platform was being shown up a bit by the...
Just bought one 2 days ago  -my equipment - Cyrus xtse2+ pu -own built buffer using high quality audio chips - Stax 727 mk2 -heavily modified by me -Stax omega 2 mk 1 earspeakers . I found it to be very open and clear reproducing exactly whats on my cd,s great detail and contrary to some reports excellent bass a real musical presentation . But for those looking for something to cover up flaws in their equipment this isnt it or to make cd,s or any other musical medium that...
Johnjen I am very well aware of the series/parallel connections I have an AVO MK4  which I have used for decades before that a Taylor 45C I am referring to the  tube tester you are working on . If you dont believe me then check it out on the net.
Johngen it wont analyze  12 V tubes as it has only a 6.3 V supply. small double triodes that are dual heater/filament working are wired in parallel.
Very good advice Monte Verdi .
Soldering is just down to patience  the right size of soldering iron for the work you do and making sure the solder flows  over the correctly heated component with out creating a high resistance joint . Its a basic part of -do it yourself - that you should learn , if you cannot find a friend locally then you would have to pay someone to do it, this will cost you so you are the judge as to what you paid for the original cable and what you would be charged is worth the...
For some answers to your Mylar problem head to= www.2spi.com/category/polymer-films/  for a seller of it   also - www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslutz-forum/13668-mylar-source-html -surplus metallizing  chamber from an old electron microscope -vacuum gold depositing etc.  
You could try contact cement which is said to glue Mylar this comes in various varieties like a spray can etc it does involve a drying process.
I didnt bother replying to this post but as it is still on the go then in answer to it . Yes not through an "ideal " capacitor but tell me what electrolytic capacitor is ideal ?  You should know that electrolytic capacitors are far from ideal and show =RL-- leakage resistance while its starts off high it gradually reduces with age or damage . This was brought home to me many times in the valve/tube radios I repaired over a 45 year period the blocking capacitor from the...