Posts by hydralisk01

I bought the E1 and E5 when i first started getting interested in audio.  I find it difficult hear a noticeable difference in sound using the E1 and E5 with the 262 out of my iPhone4S.  After hearing the 262 out of my friends Matrix amp i was finally convinced amping makes a noticeable difference for the 262, I ended up getting the c421.   The E1 has a cable too so adding to your re262 cable you will have a lot of cable between your phone and ears, so if you keep...
  I agree with what Zach915m said:   - The re262 sounds much much better with a good amp (im using the c421 as well  ) - The re-zero is different.  If you are expecting the same sound signature as the re-zero look elsewhere.  The 262 highs are rolled off ever so slightly.  You get more sparkle with the re-zero, and quicker bass, more "wow factor".  The 262 is hard to describe, it never wowed me, but it does grow on you, it sounds really good, but I cant exactly explain...
    RE0 is good, and durable. I would not recommend getting the E6 because the RE0 sounds really good un-amped.  When using my E5 with the RE0, i can barely notice any improvement in quality for the sound (yes it goes louder but i dont need it that loud).  The RE0 does however improve in quality with my c421 amp, and when necessary the bass boost is just perfect.  So for cheap amp i would suggest saving up for the CMOY ($60) which is one of the popular amps under $100.
ClieOS,      Damnit.... Im now searching DIY forum for detailed procedures to perform a re-cable myself =P  And researching where to buy DIY cables 
      Yup, i think with proper care they will last a long time, and definitely worth it.  I totally blame myself for breaking them, other earphones would have died too. It did give me an excuse to buy another IEM though... but i liked them that much i bought it again. Was thinking about the HF5 for $99+shipping but i read the cables tend to break... i figured re0+re-zero for $118 shipped would last way longer!   I convinced 3 friends to try the re0 when the price dropped....
In summary, i would buy the re0 again, but below is my experiences with it:   I bought the re0 in March 2012 and loved the sound.  I did not treat them well, used it practically everyday and often shoved into my pocket. They went into the washing machine twice.  The first time they came out fine and i was pretty impressed with the build quality. The second time they went into the wash it still came out fine, but a few weeks later, the cable for the left channel cuts...
Hi,   Im wondering what is a general rule for the resale value of headphones and IEMs in terms of %   Such as 80% RRP?  For very good condition near new gear?   Guideline would be useful.   The trade thread said not to post there unless trading so im asking here.   Thanks!
I also suffered the same reaction with the RE-262. I use the E5 with it through LOD on iPhone, and for the majority of music i listen to it sounds pretty good, but I am disappointed with it when listening to rock. I am also considering sticking with them and upgrading my amp, and if still unsatisfied, looking for another IEM with a different signature.   I am considering the JDS Labs c421 or the iBasso PB2. I want the amp to scale (whilst remaining portable) in case...
    3 months ago I was like you, a newbie who read the 225+ IEM guide wondering whats going to be best for my iPhone4S with mp3s, except i bought the RE0 first and loved them, then i bought the RE262, and I also bought the E5 out of curiosity. So from a person with very limited experience (i don't know why you would want this type of opinion.... haha), I'll give you my thoughts.   I was at first lazy and did not carry the E5 around, but today, i carry the E5 with me 80%...
I absolutely love the sound of the RE-0 and decided to get the RE-262 as an upgrade. I have listened to the RE-262 for about a month now, and today i went back to the RE-0 and for some reason i really liked the RE-0 sound over the RE-262. Are my ears just strange because everyone here seems to rate the 262 as better.    I felt on first listen the RE-262 sounded really warm, but i let them burn in and eventually felt they sounded great, but noticed a difference to the...