Posts by Deviltooth

Thank-you for the answer even though it's the not the one I wanted to hear.  I'll just wait for new technologies in the field; I'm certain there will be additional improved options (revised BA drivers or something else) in the future. In the meantime I'll spend my audio dollars on a new Dolby Atmos surround system (I'm so hyped for this technology).
Those of us with svelte, sexy ears look forward to the next Custom Art innovation in smaller (or perhaps less flush) CIEMs. Out of curiosity would the Harmony 8 driver configuration take up less space in an acrylic shell?
If anyone wants to test these with IEMs I'd be happy to read their impressions.
The Harmony 8 has one gigantic fault.  A person must have Dumbo's ears to fit it.   What we need is a more refined Harmony 8 Mark 2 that fits in a smaller shell and can be used by those with more elegantly sized ears.
Having the same reference points would be helpful, yes.  However I only have one short Chesky recording and no desire to invest in any others. My hope is that reviewers listen to multiple songs/albums they're familiar with then try some TV shows and/or movies, the latter of which often involve more natural sounds including a lot of the human voice.  This seems more reasonable than binaural recordings which are very rare and not representative of typical IEM use for the...
I'm surprised people are describing the S1 as 'balanced'.  For me it's definitely bass heavy.  The bass isn't sloppy like some earphones but it's not markedly clean and tight either. 
I'm pleased to see a more realistic, grounded take on a C/IEM.  Over the past few years I've encountered so much over the top hype I've often felt the people involved must work for the company producing the product.  Obviously this isn't true; some of the time being on the hype train can be fun, but it's also numbing and after a certain number of earphones you develop a more balanced perspective (most of us).   Sanity is doubly necessary when an earphone exceeds $1000. ...
Seeing as how people seem to be struggling with the fit I wonder how these perform for someone who bought them as customs.
I've been using the Narmoo S1s out of my computer (HRT Microstreamer) for the last few days.  As far as the form factor goes I don't find the knurling to be an issue and I have a small ear, but maybe it's more about ear shape than size.  For sound they're good performers for the money but not spectacular.  The build quality initially appears very good but the driver flex is the worst I've ever encountered so I question longevity.  As dual drivers go they beat out the...
I'm going to disagree with you, my customs and my Noble 4 all sound better out of Sandisk's cheap Clip players than any of my cheaper IEMs.  Granted the difference is less than with a better source but it's still notably superior. If you're looking for an amazing value try the $17 (sometimes less) Sony MDR-EX37B.  I can't believe how good this thing sounds for the money.  Normally I've been at odds with 'The Wirecutter's recommendations, but wow do these cheaply made Sonys...