Posts by Winter Charm

If, by big jump, you mean a massive increase in the quality of sound, not really.    They deliver about the same sound, but with focus in different areas. It's a choice about fun vs analytical  :) 
They are honestly quite good. I say go try them out. You should be able to return them to the apple store within 30 days if you don't like 'em.
Has anyone here listened to both the UE 900's and the Heir Audio 4.ai?    I really can't figure out which one I want more. I like bass, but I'm not a basshead.  Secondly, I've been listening to all my systems with no equalizer, and whatever seems to be the "neutral" setting, but I'm not sure if this is the warm neutral of the 4.ai...   I wish I could demo both of them :P I don't want to throw down $400 without at least trying both. :/ 
  Yes. I love how the mid-bass brings out the weight of the guitar. However, I wish the bass would go a bit deeper. - these would really benefit from truly *deep* bass, because with several of the electronic tracks I have right now, the midbass just punches back which is great for adding weight, but true deep bass is missing, so there's really nothing to add weight to!    For example, listen to Derezzed on the Tron Soundtrack. 
I love these. In the $30 range, you'd be hard pressed to find something better.    The clarity is amazing for something this cheap! :)    A little less mid-bass and more deep (true) bass would be nice. That's my only complaint here, and one that I hope to address when I buy some proper IEM's from Heir Audio.
Thanks for the advice. :) The  HF3's look pretty interesting. I'll be sure to check them out. 
This is exactly what I'm asking. Thanks for rephrasing it in a less confusing way.    I want to know which Heirs (3.ai or 4.ai) will have the most similar sound signature. I'm hoping someone can tell me    ___ has about as much bass and treble and mids as the ear pods.    I'm so stuck between the 3.ai and 4.ai.  I know the 3.ai is a "fun" IEM - it has a bass boost and a treble boost, giving it a gentle V shaped signature.  I know that the 4.ai is "flatter" and designed to...
Before anyone kills me and eats me, I know they are worlds apart. But, I'm focusing on sound signature here and have a question.     I just got my hands on apple ear pods, and I really liked their sound signature for the most part. They have basically exactly the sound signature I'm looking for.    But, I really want a set of Heirs for the better soundstage, detail, clarity, isolation, etc. My only question is,    Are the ear pods closer to the 3.ai or 4.ai...
I think it's just the way they are set up - they are built to be easily driven. That's why they probably wouldn't benefit too much from amping.   Glad your impressions matched mine.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/10/04/logitech-ultimate-ears-ue-900-earbuds-review-mind-blowing-sound-less-than-brilliant-ergonomics/ Android Police has a great review of these. Tinyman, please fix your link, as it is broken. :P The above link is the correct one. :)