or Connect

Posts by Winter Charm

I blame autocorrect! ;)
This review alone has convinced me to buy the StageDriver 3.    I just have to scrape together some money, now :P    Thanks for taking the time to write it! :) 
I go away for a while... and I come back to all this drama, torches and pitchforks. What the hell happened here?! o__o
  You can assign equalization presets to each song in iTunes - then, when you sync them over, the custom preset is stored in the metadata for the song, and your nano will EQ on a per-song basis automatically.    And to lower the treble, there is a bass boost EQ that might help you out.
For those of you who might be interested, I found InnerFidelity's measurements on the Ear Pods. Take a look:    http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AppleEarPods.pdf   That huge bass rolloff is why I can't hear the bass drums on the track Barbossa is Hungry (Pirates soundtrack, by Hans Zimmer)    Notice, however, that the MidBass and Mids are nicely balanced, though the mids are a bit forward in relation to the highs. The reason they sound so smooth, and still...
I'm pretty sure, that with 90 Ω impedance, the Tzar 90's would benefit quite largely from some amping. As far as amps go, it all depends on his budget, but he will need one to get the most out of them.
The 6.a was a limited edition IEM from Heir Audio. Only 14 of them were ever made :o 
  HOLY HELL. forget saving up for the 5.0... I WANT THESE :O  (Oh, I should have listened when everyone said Head-Fi would be the death of my wallet)
Random and slightly different topic here... I know it's been asked before, but any chance that Heir Audio will start selling through amazon?
Exactly. I'd be hard pressed to find other $40 iems that perform this well.    In all honesty, these are worlds better than the original iPod ear buds. If I had to put a price on this sort of performance, I'd put it around the $70-80 range. Not spectacular. It certainly won't come anywhere near multiple balanced armature IEM's or even single-BA iems. But, it's a great value for the price.