or Connect

Posts by longbowbbs

What you get with Simaudio Moon gear is more depth, clarity and space as you move up the line. When you hear the Neo gear it is terrific for the price. Then you get to the Evolution line and while it is more xpensive it has a more dramatic and impactful presentation. Even within the Evolution line there are a couple of levels as well. At each point you get more than fair price/performance value. 780D anyone?
Ha! I hear ya... No, you cannot upgrade the 430HA DAC to the 380D. The DAC board for the 430HA has the same DAC and surrounding circuitry as the stand alone DAC but without the higher quality independent power supplies. The 380D is another level and is priced accordingly.
Dang kids! Get out of my bedroom!    
What?...um....sorry, must have dozed off.....
The 430 never sounds slow or lack punch. It is a reference device.
I use the 430HA with the HD800's and the LCD-X. Each is a wonderful pairing. The GSX MK2 is also a great amp, however, I find it a bit to concise for me. I hear more music as a comprehensive experience than the GSX which, for me, seems to break things out more into component parts. as always YMMV.  
He can be a slacker at times...
it is the 280D...The 380 is an upgrade.
I agree. I know, however, that many amp only designers have struggled with that decision. Sales are lost to devices with the pre-out capabilities. OTOH, the S6 and my HD800's are my best pairing. Wonderful sound quality.
Welcome aboard!