or Connect

Posts by longbowbbs

I agree. A nice find from my morning Roon session.
UE has just retuned their Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors. Also, JH Audio has redone the JH13's with their new 4th order crossover's and the 15dB bass boost from the Siren Series. It is a tough call. The JH13 V2 will be more flexible in usage due to the Bass boost.
D? We don't need no stinkin' D.....
The HE1000 and the HD800's are similar in size. That space gives some wicked soundstage though. Both are pretty lite too so do not let the size stop you from trying them.
Yes... Catch 22. So space vs clarity/Speed? HD800/HE1000 vs Audeze/Abyss....
 Going to have me hoist my own petard eh? For me it is a fight between the HE1000's and the LCD-4's. For me this is also a question of value. I am on record as believing the Abyss is amazing tech that relative to what it provides is somewhat overpriced. Is it a TOTL HP, yes. Worth $5k relative to what else is out there at less, IMHO no. But that is purely my personal perspective. Others have clearly felt it was a worthwhile purchase. Hence my previous post about trying...
Welcome to the view from a mountaintop. At this level of headphone enjoyment it is imperative that a person listen on their own and not rely solely on opinions. I have had the Abyss and HE1000's in house with the 430HA-D I own the HD800's and the LCD-X so I get plenty of time with them and the Moon. I have also gotten a fair amount of time at shows with the LCD-4's. While I can comment on what I have heard, I would not want to characterize any of them as definitively...
It is a solid DAC. For the money it is exceptional.