Posts by longbowbbs

No argument there....It is like buying an amoeba! I have a fully dressed out Geek Pulse on order, I think...... However, it has been fun to take the HD800's on the road. The DF could drive the HD650's OK, but it crapped out on the HD800's. 
Chris, have you tried the Geek Out 1000 with the HD800's? Pretty nice for the price and portability.
Steve's amps are all auto biasing, but it is fun to see them in action via the VU meters....
Time to calorie count my change purse.....
I had the base done in Maple and it was beautiful.   
I have good luck with the Toxic Cables Silver Widows and the JH16's....Sweet combo.
I have almost pulled the trigger on that new album twice now.....Hmmm......
While both units can drive headphones, each is a piece of stereo gear. The CSP3+ is a Pre-Amplifier. The Taboo MK III is an Amplifier. Decware has designed them to perform more effectively with different styles of HP's.  You will get a gain boost using the CSP3+ in combination with the Taboo. It is not required as Decware tends to provide rudimentary integrated amp functionality in all of its amps.    FWIW, I did not experience the hum that some people have mentioned...
They are a lot of fun. Provided you have sufficient efficiency for them to be driven by 4 watts.    You can use just the Taboo as a 2 source integrated for speakers (or HP's). The addition of the CSP3+ will provide more gain to the mix and additional tube rolling options. I enjoyed the combo very much.