Posts by longbowbbs

Friday night listening session....
Occupational hazard....
I had great success with the Taboo and the Decware DM945 speakers. Very holographic and plenty of low end from the 8" woofer. 
I really enjoyed the Heimdall 2's Mike! They are a nice compliment to the Toxic Cables Silver Widow 22's. You make a choice to trade some sparkle at the top for a bit more darkness and substance. Cool side by side.  You have to love the sprout. I spent some time with it when Scott McGowan and I were in the PS Audio room at RMAF. What a great all in one device. It moved some really solid sound through the HD800's. Nice work with speakers too. the Golden Ear Aon 3's really...
Hence my post....
We all need a random Pass Labs amp in the mix!
No downside to the Woo's either. I really liked the WA5 and the WA22. They have their own sound signature vs the Cavalli's that are very transparent. Comes down to what you enjoy for yourself.
Randy, I have to say that Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson I just reviewed was special. $2850 and shipping in March. It is exclusively Single Ended but it was sweet. It worked well with any high end can I threw at it too. Hybrid design means no need to tube roll and 10,000 hours likely lifetime for the single 6922. Something to consider. Good luck! Eric
Do you have a max price point?
Price point, SE or Balanced, include the DAC or pure amp?