Posts by longbowbbs

^This.....Still, it does not mean you cannot have decent performance with lower end amps. Top end Sennheiser's (HD650's & HD800's) scale very well and reward the listener when they improve the chain. I love mine, but it took awhile to get there.
Don't tempt him Stan......He will have a new one every hour to show off!  
I can loan you a picture of my cat....uh, for your avatar.....
^ This....Loved the GL6922's. The RCA 5Y3GT was also a nice low cost favorite Rectifier.
Geek Out 1000 with Sennheiser HD650's and Toxic Cable Silver Poison's via MBP and Amarra 3.02        
Styx - Brave New World
Good luck with the options! If it is possible to fit things all in I am sure Steve will be happy to accommodate.
  Here was mine with the Maple base. Notice I had him install a SE Jack in the front.
No, I had the CSP2+. It was fantastic.
The Taboo was designed specifically for Planer Magnetic headphones. It is good with the HD800's but the CSP3 is better. I had both and used them together with the CSP being the pre-amp and the Taboo as the amp. That combo is wonderful as well. However, if you are a Sennheiser fan (or any other high impedance HP) then The CSP3 would be my first choice if you were only going to purchase one device.