Posts by Techno Kid

I don't know if its sounds like the HE6 but all I do know is that it sounds awesome and even though I haven't heard the HE-500 or LCD-2 I don't know if the price performance ratio for the both is worth it compared to the SQ of the HE-400, I'm still going to find out with one of them at least. 
After using the HD600 for most of the day since I I'm seeing how the HE-400 pair with the C3 and from the way this first mix sounds its a match made in heaven and to be honest with you I don't know if I'm going to keep the HD600.  Now its only been a day and odds are high that I do keep them I'm just trying to convey how damn good the HE-400 sounds.     I really need to look into getting an ungraded cable for them, I'm thinking a silver plated copper cable because...
Yeah the HD600 does have a very coherent soundstage, it reminds me of the SM3's soundstage but much larger.
    That's pretty damn cool sounding and the soundstage did sound very nice, I find the soundstage to be larger than what I've read in a lot of reviews, to me it as big as the HE-400's.
  I totally agree with you on the separation and the imaging is also better on the HE-400.  The HE-400 is the technically better headphone but the HD600 has such a smooth sound that still has enough detail to make them just a joy to listen to for me and I'm glad I have both.
  For what your looking to do I say just go for the Audio-Technica ATH M50 because they sound good and would be perfect for your needs imo.
  Exactly, they can sound good with many types of music where's I think the HE-400 while is great for EDM might not sound as good with something like classical imo because of the way its tuned and more specifically the tuning of the midrange.   I've always been a detail hound pretty much and that's one of the reasons I chose to use IEM's over headphones and I mainly got BA's because of their detail and transparency.  After listening to the HE-400 its about every bit as...
  Thanks for replying, the Q701 being a bit warmer than the K701 sounds like they're more me liking as I tend to like warmer sounding IEM's and headphones.  Even if the soundstage is a bit more closed in it wont bother me as I'm coming from IEM's to headphones and even a smaller soundstage will sound large to me so I'm good with that aspect.     Even though I've really wanted to try the K701 or Q701 I think I might just wait and save for either the HE-500 or save a bit...
The more I listen to the HD600 the more it grows on me and I'm really loving the SQ and sound signature of them, they're easily one of the best personal listening products I've heard hands down.  The HE-400 is over all technically better but there's just something about the HD600 that makes me tend to like it a bit more.  Its still early so things might change because your always enamored with your new headphone or IEM especially if its this good.     So far they...
Doing a little comparison of the HE-400 and my new HD600 they do sound nothing alike which is what I was expecting and counting on because I wanted a more laid back signature with the HD600 compared to the HE-400.   I was wanting to see if the HD600 could compete with the HE-400's detail and while the HD600 had more detail than I was expecting from a lot of the review I've read they still didn't have the micro detail of the HE-400 which has as much detail as many of...