or Connect

Posts by dc-k

what a relief on a minor tangent, a friend of mine has a hearing assistance dog that once swallowed one of her hearing aids, so you got off lightly!
When I added a CEntrace GloveAudio A1 to my AK120 Titan I would say that the amplification added most to the sound quality and the balanced output added most to the sound stage and detail.
on the sound front, going from upgraded cable to balanced made a much bigger difference than going from stock to upgraded cable to my ears.overall I'm very pleased with the new cables.
Plussound offer a great service, they respond quickly to questions and help with any uncertainties. They also gave me a price for recabling from single to balanced on existing cables (including if I messed up when I did it myself - which fortunately I didn't).
I only had one bit of foam in each filter
I think a lot will depend on amplification. I noticed a significant difference going to a balanced set up. I got some plus sound silver litz and the improvement was marginal to my ears until I changed the plug to go balanced and then the difference was much greater.
 It took me a couple of minutes to unmod, the most important thing is to not lose the two tiny bits of foam
I think it also depends on the quality of the recording and the amplification/source used. I didn't notice a great deal of difference between the white and the modded blue coming directly from my AK120 but when I added the Glove amplification the differences increased. The modded blue became far too sibilant for my taste and I actually prefer the stock blue now.
Successfully fitted Kobiconn to my cables and am now listening to balanced output. The separation is better and the soundstage wider, the actual sound signature doesn't seem to have changed and I'm going to stick with the unmodded blues for a while.
the unmodded blues work really well with the A1, better than the black to my ears and much better than the modded blue. Will try white again shortly but now occupied with the task of fitting a balanced connector to one of my cables...