or Connect

Posts by KG Jag

The Portapro, with its bear metal headband and paper thin ear cushions, is a thinly disguised torture device.  The Grado is better but has a high complaint rate for being uncomfortable. On the other hand the HD 558, which you did not like, is generally considered to a comfortable headphone for most.
 I'm not even sure that an iPhone (a low powered device that will not properly drive all headphones) will play the formats of music that you have. You need to determine the sound signature that you prefer.  I suggest that you go to a store and audition quality headphones to determine what you like and what you don't.  You also might want to do some research on line about the different sound signatures of headphones (and speakers), and check out the Buying...
 Still waiting for an answer to my first question.  Is your music coming by way of a computer, DAP, CD deck, turntable, etc.?  Am not familiar with our audio interface.  What is its place and sequence in your audio chain and how does that interplay with the rest of your equipment?
Proaudiola does a good job for those on a budget:   http://www.proaudiola.com/   I like the Mogami 2549 & Neutrik Connectors.
What do you plan to put in your audio chain beyond the equipment you have mentioned?   In any case I recommend trying the can with your current equipment before springing for anything else.
What equipment will be feeding and powering these cans?  Will you be using an amp?   Have you spend any time with the Buying Guide?   http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide
Headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  Sizing, shape and sensitivities are unique to each person.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.  There is no substitute for this--especially when considering headphones within your current...
There is a minimum number of posts and time of the forum required to earn that privilege.  Check the FAQ's for details.
I don't believe that you are yet ready to make a good choice with your $300--and we will need more information in order to help you.   What equipment will be feeding and powering these cans?  Will you be using an amp?   What is the format of your music and other sounds will you be putting into these cans?   The Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC appears to be a combo amp/DAC.  Other than being part of bundle, why did you select it?   Describe the sound signature that...
 Didn't take it in any negative way. Fact is that headphone comfort is one area in which none of us can give you (or anyone else) more a very general recommendation--one that comes with a large margin for error and certainly no guarantees.