Posts by KG Jag

The HD 600 is a 300 Ohm can and needs a decent amp to deliver what it was designed to do.  Is your system up to that?
The Koss ProDJ100 will set you back $63 shipped from Amazon Prime.  Be aware that some low powered devices have trouble driving them at more than a moderate volume level.  Others do just fine.
 Agreed--is not a recommendation for OP's stated uses and needs.  It is however a benchmark in this price class.
You seem to like a can with a mid bass hump and at least somewhat rolled off treble.  The only reliable way to pick between the Shure and the Senn is to listen to each.   The Momentum is easier to drive.  The 840, which I prefer between the two, can be "iffy" with some low powered devices.   The best $200 can I have heard to date is the semi-open AKG K 7XX, which may not ye be easily available to you in the UK.  However, it is more neutral than the two cans above and...
 I'd love but, but I not heard any of the cans on your list.
The AKG K553 is available at Massdrop for $120:   https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k553-pro-studio-headphone
The AKG K553 is available at Massdrop for $120:   https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k553-pro-studio-headphone
Are you OK with open cans (they leak sound and don't isolate well)?   What equipment will be feeding and powering these cans?  Will you be using an amp?   What is the format of your music and other sounds will you be putting into these cans?   Describe the sound signature that you are seeking.   If you don't know your preferred sound signature (and even if you do), what genres of music do you plan to run through these cans?   Do you plan to use them outside your...
Are you OK with open cans (they leak sound and don't isolate well)?   Do you plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?   If you don't buy in the U.S.--where do you plan to buy?
It will probably help if you would add what will be feeding and driving these cans.   In the meantime you should check out the M50X.   You're staying in the same general price range as your 840's so that limits things, absent a closeout deal.