Posts by Penarin

Yep, I remember Audio Alchemy.  I still have one of their DACs sitting around.  Digital Decoding Engine, maybe?   Anyway, if you can get the USB-to-SPDIF converter for a reasonable price, I say go for it. 
A transport just spins the CD- no digital to audio converter.  In the old days, a dedicated transport hooked up to an outboard DAC was the hot way to go.   With the Oppo stuff, Audio Adviser sells some modified / upgraded Oppo players.  Usually the upgrades are on the sound quality side of things, as the video from those players is already super impressive. 
If you want to tinker with USB cables without going broke, Audioquest, Kimber Kable, Pangea, Wireworld, and Analysis Plus all have some affordable options.   And of course there's monoprice if you want something more simple.
Auralex subdude and speakerdude?  They make various risers / stands out of some type of foam.
OK Grado fans, help me out.  I've had some 125s for a year or two now and really like them.  So of course I'm starting to get curious about the rest of the line.  Should I go with the 225s or 325s?  My budget maxes out at around $300.   Stuff I like- vocals, soundstage, detail, clarity.  Bass is also nice.   Thanks.
I love Oppo gear.   I'm also a big fan of that old dinosaur, the stand alone CD player.  Every cent of the price goes into doing one thing, and one thing only- making music.   I've had a Marantz CD player in my main stereo for over a decade.  It rocks.  In my little "headphones only" system, I have a new Onkyo C-7030 that I've been really happy with.   I also looked into the Cambridge Audio CA350C.  I liked what they had to say about the "proprietary servo...
The Shure's isolate like a beast.  Better than the more expensive Denons, even.    My gaming PC is loud, and the Shure's do a fantastic job of cutting down on that noise so I can hear all the details. 
And speaking of Audio Advisor, whoever puts that catalog together really likes girls with dark hair.  :)
Due to the heat it puts out, and the heat outside (it's 100 degrees today), I always leave my Asgard off.  I also try to be green (read cheap) when it comes to electronics.  Still, if I'm going to do some serious listening I flip my gear on 30 minutes before I'm ready to rock. 
Looks like the gold in your link and the gold in my link are the same stuff- liquid formula / 100% solution.  The only difference is size and price.   I like Caig labs, but they offer a crazy array of products.  Cleaners, enhancers, and protectors in liquid, aresol, 5% solution, 100% solution, in bottles, sprays, pens, wipes...  :)   Here's the simple version- I like Deoxit (the red stuff) and Gold in liquid / 100% solution.  Go with whatever size fits your needs...