Posts by Penarin

Wait... they make both a Re-0 and Re-zero?    edit- yep   Re-zero $99 16 ohm   Re-0 $79 64 ohms   I just got the Re-zeros, but I haven't spent enough time with them to comment much.
LOL.  I remember this whole Radio Shack / Stereophile thing.  Nice to see it again.   I also seem to remember a high end company building a fancy power supply for the portable Optimus player.
I'm in the process of putting together a second system for CDs and headphones only.  At this point I've pretty much settled on the Schiit Asgard headphone amp.    For the CD player, I was going to go with a JVC XLZ1050tn.  For the old folks out there, this big, heavy player was all the rage back in the 1990s.  Think I paid around $700 for it all those years ago, and my dad still has it.  :)  Called him today and the ancient old JVC is dead.  So much for what could...
I wouldn't sweat it too much.  The Belkin 6 footer should do the trick.  The price is right and you don't have to worry about messing with a 20 foot cable like the Maxell or Bose.   edit- there's also the 6 foot, 6 dollar Belkin "Pure AV" version- http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-PureAV-6-Foot-Mini-Stereo-Extension/dp/B0006N3EVS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1336072433&sr=8-6 Wow.  51 user reviews for a stereo extention cable. 
I have read a lot of odd things in the world of audio tweaks, but this is just plain awesome.   Makes sense though.  If there's a forest of fur growing in your ears, things might sound a little louder and cleaner after a trim.
The Asgard might wind up being my first headphone amp.  Well, I do have a FiiO E7 + E9 on my PC, but at the moment I'm looking at putting together a second, headphones-only system made up of a CD player and an amp.   The price is just about perfect, and I like that it's made in the USA by a small group of people.   My headphone collection is all over the place-   Fun and affordable-  Sennheiser 201s (24ohm) Audiophile- Grado 125 (32ohm) Studio type- Shure...
Arg.  I haven't had my E7 for all that long, and now something new is coming along.