Posts by H20Fidelity

I can agree with the harsh comment however, prefer using the word 'aggressive'. It's what leads to early fatigue but also plays a big part of A83 revealing big detail. Love it, hate both at the same time. But it would be crazy if I told you from two A83 units I had on hand at once, at home, at the same time one pair sounded more aggressive or harsher (slightly) than the other.Ripley's belive it or not.
I'd say the key to using Alien efficiently is all in the fingertips, literally the 'fingertips' or edge of your thumb for better word. The circular button layout is really no bigger than your full thumbprint, or slightly smaller than an Australian 10 cent piece.         Naturally, if using your entire thumbprint on the pad its not going to end well because you're opening a world of inaccurate inputs. However, when the human species was created we were also given the...
 I don't unfortunately. 
 Long time ago I home auditioned EX1000, any thoughts are vague (I didn't feel the hype from them personally overall) 'EX600' I've owned twice but again, relying on audio memory this far back is totally speculating. Hopefully, an IE80 owner can help you with an A83 comparison.
I cannot give frequency estimates, @Brooko might. A83 are more lower punch than full sub-bass focused, probably noticeably calmer compared to an IE80. (which I haven't heard). But if you're thinking A83 is bass heavy it's not the case. The low end is rather balanced with the mid range, maybe slightly forward if the track calls it or you're pushing them with an amp (not required imo overall). The mid-range is clean, free from any mid-bass which A83 shows little of really..
    *Cue some crazed out thrash metal track - while singer performs wearing Fidue A83*
 Having heard VC1000 for a few months, yes I think Titan 1 are greater. VC1000 do have better isolation. I'd say you'll be ok for train rides and public transport, the opinions on Titan isolation are a little scattered. I won't say you'll be fine however I personally found them to isolate more than I expected. 
I don't know about IE80, though I had a pair of Westone 4 arrive today.   Don't get me wrong I've owned W4 a few times they're excellent at what they do, mainly being versatile, especially non-fatiguing, smooth, no major faults besides a little too much mid-bass emphasis. Switching back to A83 this afternoon was an eye opener on a performance level. Detail, clarity, separation goes to A83 hands-down, however at the cost of some aggression or a little grainy around the...
  The most popular in your price range atm is certainly Dunu Titan 1. I'll provide the main thread and reviews section. Thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/744083/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-half-in-ear-earphones Reviews: http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews It scores practically 5/5 stars repeatedly. I own Titan 1 and easily recommend them.   The other option is a new kid in town - Fidue A73. Members I trust are...
Looks like he's in the clear...