Posts by H20Fidelity

Yes, I consider C3 an upgrade from the Fuze, larger staging, better timbre detail and air. C3 is a good taste of Chinese audiophile players, I rate it above most of the earlier Cowons, S9, J3, D2 etc. Just be prepared for the very basic user interface.
What's more interesting is my opinion and expectations on DAP's since using the players. I've discovered synergy is extremely important, sometimes more powerful than simply buying the most expensive player you can afford. I've had amazing encounters with cheaper players in the list simply because an IEM may couple better with them. Tonality changes across different players can make/break some pairings. I've heard $50 players with wider staging than $1000 players, cheaper...
 The penis dangling competition has been won. 
I hear the difference but they're subtle changes only, I would not question anyone who cannot hear them as they're not obvious like using EQ or something along those lines. In the case of the filters, it will also depend how revealing your IEM/headphones are, much of the time something brighter leaning transparency may pick up the changes more. If you were using something like a mainstream Sony headphone, all that warmth, bass, thickness there's a good chance you may not...
 I'll vouch for the Mojo statement, I would personally take DX200. I will mention I never did try Mojo with any full-size headphones or something that required the ability of Mojo's powerful output, but Mojo didn't respond well with my low-impedance Tralucent hybrids, the sound was almost laboring and forceful like the balanced armatures were forced to work too hard, because it doesn't have any gain option I was pretty much stuck. Don't get me wrong, of course, it sounded...
Here's mine from when I joined. They're listed in order of ownership and obviously ones marked with sold I no longer have. Some I have owned a few times. Out of them all I rank the iBasso units the best price to performance ratio in sound. That is my personal judgement from testing. Source Inventory iBasso DX200 Astell & Kern AK JR Cowon X9 (16gb) (sold) Sony ZX1 Walkman (sold) Shanling M3 (sold) Astell & Kern AK300 Lotto PAW 5000 (sold) Cayin N5 Chord Mojo (sold) Sony...
The boys will always find something they disapprove of or discover, tis the way of Head-fi...IBasso could spend 3 years perfecting a firmware, bring it to our members and they'll sniff something out they object to.
He likes his Sony the best, I have pictures to prove it. #sonyfanboi
 My Note 4 doesn't take photos anything like these two phones.
 There's another member getting around using that phone for pics as well. (they look just as good) If I remember rightly its @PinkyPowers