Posts by H20Fidelity

I only use 32gb cards. I've spent the last 2-years listening to one artist so single card slots are no worries.
Yes, DX200 has filters, I think around 5-6 with the newer DAC used.It sounds quite a lot more energetic over JR, higher level of dynamics but as I said earlier JR still had class, style and great timbre, particularly for lower level listening late at night for me. JR is definitely smoother.
 Yeah, everyone was hoping for a kick butt unit with PAW 5000 after their PAW Gold player release.
 I wrote a comparison between the two units. Keep in mind the comparison is a reflection of my preferences. http://www.head-fi.org/t/791531/dx200-details-features-and-specifications-1st-page-with-wifi-and-bluetooth-interchangeable-amps/3255#post_13211110
 Like mention PAW 5000 was OK soundwise but it seemed to lack output power in low-gain, needed very high volume for my low impedance IEMs. Then when switching to high-gain that provided power would hiss. The unit is very small, cute even, but the build was quite average, very plasticky. There were other things about it such as the volume increments being too far apart so you're never finding the ideal volume level, either too low/high. Overall when feeding the unit a nice...
And here in Australia yesterday (and continuing today) we've just had the hottest heat wave since 'forever'. Forever is a long time...
But it's against my preferences, I am bright/analytical, though what I seek within that preference is musicality and good flow, a challenge to find both with equal balance.So, considering JR is opposite my preferences yet allowed me to understand without dismissal is another perk of the player.DX200 is slightly clinical yes, but with a special trait of expressing some warmth so it doesn't become fatiguing. My review is about 80% complete, maybe you can read it and get an...
I did sell JR, only because I could use the spare funds, in saying that it was one of the better Wolfson units I've owned. At least in a sense of voicing JR how the DAC is described generally. If I didn't get the DX200 I may have kept it around longer. I'll also give it a high recommendation on the sound front for those who like hanging in the mid-tier category, especially if you find the unit under $300, or even better used.
 I'll say DX90 is preferable over DX80 with my IT03. DX80 is probably the warmer smoother unit I've heard from iBasso, not sure if they were having a slight affair with FiiO's house sound... I quite like the players physical design and upgraded user interface (which DX200 shares in pure music mode) but the sound of DX90's Sabre DACs is preferable with much of the IEMs I try and preferences.  Another player that impressed me recently was AK JR, I enjoyed that unit for...
 Sorry, I think I was typing as you posted, wasn't deliberate. I've not tried PAW Gold, members I trust here rate it very highly. IT03 sounds great with all the iBasso units, not sure if that was purposely formulated or luck of the draw. its interesting though, My 1Plus2.2 has slighty wider staging with DX90 over DX200 single ended 3.5mm. Really luck of the draw I've found, puts a substantial spanner in the works when wanting to upgrade.