Posts by H20Fidelity

Haha, no, I'd been pondering on this kind of thing for a whileThey arrived today and are very versatile, the bass they can deliver is quite satisfying, especially for EDM, Dubstep, they also manage to pull off pretty much every genre with ease despite this. They're actually exactly what I wanted, something I can just throw away the supercritical and to some extent fatiguing gear I own, load up a 64GB card in my Sansa Clip Zip and just enjoy music... for music. Really...
 The entire purpose of a line out is to avoid double amping. Players such as the ones mentioned support two outputs usually. 1) Headphone out jack (this powers your headphones using the players internal amp section) So DAC >> INTERNAL AMP >> HEADPHONE. 2) Line out ( This bypasses the players internal amp grabbing a signal directly from the DAC). So DAC >> EXTERNAL AMP >> SPEAKER / HEADPHONE. See the example of DX50 below, on the bottom there are two jacks, both the same...
Quote:See, by using a dedicated source obtaining line out what you're doing is taking a signal directly from the source in questions DAC (say FiiO X1 for example), the internal amp section of that source is not used. Once you feed that line out signal into your headeck it still sends the analogue signal to the headecks internal amp section which inturn powers your car speakers.  So really you're just replacing the section before the headeck's internal amp in this...
The way I see it you can do this two ways within the budget you want to spend.   1) As you suggested use the lightening adapter to obtain a direct line out from your iPhone then feed it via the AUX in.   2)  Buy a dedicated MP3 player to deal with this for you such as FiiO X1, FiiO X3, iBasso DX50, iBasso DX90 which all support line out capabilities directly and will utilize their DACs to feed the headeck.   In a nutshell its still going to come down to how good your...
Checking the tracking they're only an hour away (distance wise - in total destination). Considering the seller posted immediately after purchase I may have them tomorrow, though certainly by Monday - Tuesday next week. 
You don't think..even just a little bit? o_O
I suggest having a read of the new Dunu Titan 1 dynamic. Though if isolation is important it's not for you due to the design. Having owned R-50, Brainwavz B2 offers a similar sound or Vsonic VC1000.Here's the Titan thread which I would class a direct upgrade from R-50.http://www.head-fi.org/t/744083/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-half-in-ear-earphones
My X1 remains on the same firmware it arrived with months ago, I haven't had one single issue with my X1, not one. It does everything asked, has never frozen or missed a single beat. I also demoed X5 on home audition for 20 days without a single problem. I don't know about X3 as I didn't follow that thread closely though I was an early adapter of iBasso DX50, maybe they should be used as a better example of buggy half-baked releases. Regardless I really don't think this...
In my opinion electronics have a life span, they're always burning away counting up their usable hours, like the electronics repairman once told me whenever you're not using something turn it off, its one of the components inside that will give out usually causing some form of issue. Just like any electrical appliance, be at a TV, MP3 player, laptop I always turn them off when not in use. The only exception is my smartphone for obvious reasons. Like my Sony Walkman...
 Pretty good.  But I don't want to say the price in public, just my personal preference.