Posts by H20Fidelity

Its unpredictable without trying, though I ran H-300 with F806 Walkman without any problem.  (which also has around 4ohm output impedance). I'm not going to say it will be fine, although putting H-300 through their paces with several sources there's a higher chance of them being ok rather than not. H-300 are a little dated now anyway, you'd be better of looking at T-Peos Altone200. 
The M200 were (are) a great sounding IEM, but Kef seriously need to stop designing an earphone made for extra terrestrial anatomy, seriously. The fit of those things was simply not researched properly, like they designed the fit around the drivers instead of the other way round. Dunu have obviously been in closer contact with the human ear, except with thier Alpha model where they had a slight affair with Kef. .
Really strange.I think the most I hear is a lack of power been described by most of us. Where ER4S do benefit from extra power I've heard them perform at excellent levels using DX50 line out to JDS C421 amp, that would be thier optimum performance for me personally. Pono cannot provide such output power levels which actually surprised me considering comments I'd been reading and what people pair with Pono.But with Pono I find ER4S to sound ever so slightly bright, just...
Do you also think it sounded dark using standard connection?I do not hear this.
It's a strange one actually, as another member in the Etymotic thread said similar to yourself (but with an ER4S). Labeling the pairing as warm, muddy, lacking dynamics which lines up a little with your dark wording. I do not hear this from Pono / ER4S, I actually find it quite clean, cleaner than my DX90 / A83 pairing.I can agree to some extent with the lacking of dynamic comment the other member made as I've heard ER4S go to great powered levels with my JDS Labs C421...
Haha, well they actually share some resemblance as I find both Pono and Alien slightly coloured.While I think Alien can keep up in detail retrieval it cannot quite draw as much texture from the music. For example, listening to an acoustic female vocal artist you'll hear subtle curves and tone changes within the singers voice that arent present with Alien. (a simple positive from better components maybe?)I can tell you Pono is very clean sounding unit if not 'slightly' ...
Ok, great, so you've made contact with Michael. I think you'll get this sorted. Goodluck with it, I know what you mean about A83's sound.
It's strange, I really want to test things properly before putting my mouth in it. Despite thinking I've heard better sounding players, (especially at first) DX90, Hum Pervasion, Alien each time I A/B with Pono, I keep being drawn back to Neil's player. It's a little like Tyll from inner fidelity said, there's something about it and only more listening time will reveal the answer.
Really sorry about that champ.Far as I know there's no holidays in China atm? Let me shoot a PM to djvkool who's our main Fidue contact (middle man). He might have an alternative email address. But djvkool is also absent recently due to his wife having a baby./inside information.
I like the appearance of Alien more. I think it holds a large factor why people are intrigued with the Shozy so much. And I think we can all agree once you have an Alien in your hands it feels a little like holding a futuristic weapon of some sorts...