or Connect

Posts by H20Fidelity

I've had two pairs of A83 at the same time (from the same batch) side by side. While they were extremely similar small variations were detected. One having a slightly narrower soundstage and being more grainy in the mid-range, however the overall sound was the same in basic form.  This is no surprise to me as slight tollerance differences are to be expected, its insane to think this is impossible. I've encountered a few times even with well-known brands like Westone 4,...
 Ha, its ok, I understood.  Long as you found something working for you. 
  Haha, @ pics. My only concern is Duke sounds quite thin / enhanced around the upper midrange onwards into the treble. I don't have a problem with its treble atm from test tracks I used and will be testing further. I also want to try with another source, maybe something warmer than DX50, as the brightness is rather prominent, almost glaring with female vocals, like someone simply boosted the upper EQ range on a graphic equalizer. While this does produce a lot of clean...
   I think Vsonic GR07 stock silicon might work well actually, or Sony hybrids. These are just want I grabbed for the first 15 minutes, I will be tinkering around some more.
 Did you find a file converter for your 24bit WAV files? I use dbpoweramp, its not free though extremely versatile.
 With some slight lubrication (a dap of water or spit applied to the tip) glider tips do insert up inside the second bend of my canal. Though I wouldn't call it forced entry or tight fitting like foam or triple flange. They slide inside this section then kind of bottom out or hit an area inside the second bend which doesn't allow them to go any further. I can feel the canal seal around the tips though there's no compression or feeling the tip squash together inside the...
I have Duke in my ears atm using T-Peos H-300 / Altone 200 tips sitting normally on the nozzle. They're quite lean aren't they? On the bright side with an airy note weight. Very clean sounding though maybe a little edgy at higher volumes.   A lot of upper mid-range detail coming through easily.
 Just take a step back and a few deep breathes. X1 is $100 (roughly) and there will be limitations around this, it does offer a lot more than any other budget player on the market and trust me, from my expereince with Chinese players quite well adapted. It will grow on you, just relax and enjoy the player, little things are to be compromised in the audiophile world.
From my screen it looks like Fungus is simply having a good old rant, possibly only hours or days into owning the player.   I suggest he just takes a few days to settle in and refrain from exposing himself.
 What player were you using before FiiO X1 which did all these marvelous things you're speaking of?