Posts by H20Fidelity

When the card and player arrives pop the card in X1 and go to "system setting" menu, there's an option to format the card to FAT32 which is what X1 needs to read 64gb, 128gb cards (it will prepare the card for you). Once the card is formatted simply hook up the player to your PC/laptop and drag n drop your files.   As long as they're transferred to the cards root menu (even folders inside folders) X1 can read them. You can of course, browse by artist, album, genre etc...
A wise lady once told me.. "there's no point in worrying, because what's going to happen will happen anyway" (lady at the corner shop actually)
 That's one question we cannot answer for you.  Personally, I prefer the iBasso units as they have that edge in vibrance and extra bite in clarity. FiiO units tend to be smoother/warmer and more musical. I'm a fan of both brands though when sound comes to it I must take the one which sits better with me. I also personally think iBasso touch screens and swiftness of navigating browsing by folder is pretty neat too.
 Definitely, I've owned Cowon J3 twice. DX90 is an absolute upgrade, more importantly the headphone you're going to use as well. Better the headphone, the more benefits DX90 will show you.
 They sound similar to me in overall signature / tonality, that same semi lean - slightly bright detailed presentation, both share an iBasso house sound. The main differences are DX90 has better layering, slightly wider soundstage and is more revealing of detail (especially on firmware v2.2.0). DX90 packs more power hence the lower run times and simply sounds a touch more classy / effortless at everything DX50 does without any strain on your ears or higher volumes required...
I'm listening to Tralucent 1Plus2 + Tralucent silver cable + DX90 on firmware v2.20. The track: Michel Jonasz - Le Temps Passe (in FLAC)
 Its running firmware v1.1, I will let the first tour member update, my weekend is just for tinkerng purposes.  About the detail, I was afraid this may happen when mentioning it. We need to keep things in perspective. The N6 details levels are very good, as underlined in my notes - so we shouldn't think it's an inferior area or something negative at all. Just, there are two players I know of which have 'an edge' to me. But! Until the N6 reaches me again and gained some...
I think the JVC 850?
That won't be a problem. It's more $400 players, two in particular. Until further assessment I'll remain closed.
Its because of my admiration and entry into audiophile players with C3 I'm interested, I've also owned CK4. (both sound very good minus some bass roll-off) They're unique, even 'classy' sounding units, but my eyes have opened to what can now be accomplished in 2015 and I'm not sure if Colorfly are with us in this year. If some can convince me and throw out some positive impressions I'd enjoy being on the Colorfly train once again. its available now on Penon Audio for $415...