or Connect

Posts by H20Fidelity

If all goes according to plan, by late next week Uncle H20 will have something to show you all. 
 One does not simply wander into the Noble thread and ask this question.
A snippet of my N5 review coming this weekend.   "At this section its 10/10 stars, if one thing appeals to me more besides N5's features its the design. Like mentioned in the introduction it appears Cayin have some of the most daring physical designers working for them. From the all metal casing, vents engraved along the side, the large respectable resolution screen, everything about the design makes N5 appear almost like an artifact you discovered deep inside an ancient...
Months have passed, I've tried several sources with Tralucent Ref.1 but no other sources have provided quite the same synergy as my iBasso DX50. It's not just the sound though, really the design, touchscreen, headphone out at the bottom all contribute to the correct user experience for me. The battery charges quickly when fed 2A. I understand there are better players out there, but the point of this post is I've been juggling through a few always falling back to iBasso...
Maybe we can have the thread OP @xuan87 add a link to Penon Audio in the first post so people can find where to purchase Zero easier.
Trinity Delta is worth consideration, gained a nice reputation for itself.   The 1More is quite new even to me. What I will say is, while 1More could be very good the members and Head-fi in general usually sniff out the decent products, if a product is worthy and stands out it gains the air time in several cases.    Then again, you could get the 1More find it excellent and then be telling us to check it out.   Whatever you do, don't dwell on the decision too much,...
Those with low impedance multi-armature IEMs will want 1.8ohm output impedance (high dampening) absolutely, otherwise you can really screw up the frequency response of your IEMs. In the case of ASpencer, he seems to prefer low dampening with some of his headphones which isn't so much a problem 'if' it suits him.   I know I'll definitely be using the 1.8ohm setting at all times.
 If I understand correctly low dampening is adding 40ohms impedance to your headphones from PAW 5000 headphone out. I would do some reading up on output impedance and how it effects different headphones and IEMs. If you find anything interesting pop back and tell us.  
The only other thing I can think of in the case of PAW 5000 is the dampening modes are altering the responses of your headphones. I'm yet to play with them myself but they alter the output impedance. I believe low dampening is 40ohms output impedance and high dampening is 1.8ohm.   Is there a particular dampening mode making your headphones sound noticeably better?   You can see a little more...
Yes, its called synergy, when the DAP and IEM work together to create unity, something special. Experienced it many times and is a big part of the hobby for me. This is why I run around saying you can purchase the most expensive IEM and DAP on the market but it generally means nothing if the synergy isn't correct. Synergy has given me results where a $30 iRiver player I picked up on eBay provided more clarity, air and soundstage width with one particular IEM than an...