or Connect

Posts by H20Fidelity

Excellent match with the 100ohm ER4S, really impressed at the dynamics it can throw out to the Etymotic. For some reason my Fidue A83 sounded a little warm than their usual signature, I am not hearing that warmth with my ER4S.   Another thing I needed to do was just spin the headphone jack a few times to remove any factory oil or dust from the Aegis female headphone out socket, a little bit of static and cutting out for the first few seconds.   Sounds really good...
Couple of pics.              
Mine arrived today.   I have it working plug n play with Samsung Galaxy S3 (no apps required). it was instantly detected with a green light and played no problems straight away.   While I can understand the volume comments, I'm having no issues using the lower two settings on my S3's hardware volume control, not too loud for me. This is using the 11ohm Fidue A83. The sound is a little warm, smooth but it sounds very appealing indeed. I'l tinker around then come back...
Research the Dragonfly, see what you think. Maybe Schiit Fulla is another nice option. Cozoy Astrapi will work with your PC and idevices. Astrapi sounds quite good with ER4S actually.
I picked up a 770c tonight for fun. I believe it's the newer 770c. I'm going to have a play with it, muck around then see whether to keep it. Depends how it pairs with my gear.
Colorfly C4 is in another league to current FiiO DAP's. (a claim I wouldn't just throw around). I've owned C4 for about two weeks, though recently pair it with Grado 325e. It's one of the most realistic or 'audiophile' quality portable rigs I've heard. Better than my Pono player, DX90, DX50, easily. C4 sounds extremely clear and detailed with a truly beautiful mid-range. The only thing it's missing is some low end extension so it sounds rather neutral but the mid-range...
Yeah, been discontinued. Just as we got the party started...
I've retired the ER4S / Colorfly C4 combo, not that it sounds bad. I still feel ER4S could use a little more power than C4 provides without giving it's internal amp a hard time so I'll keep searching. And when I paired my Grado 325e with C4 this afternoon it was all over for ER4S / C4. On a mission, that synergy mission.
  I tried this for you before the iBasso goes back tomorrow. DZero MK2 drives them very nicely even in low gain. HD25 sounded quite detailed and spacious, I was quite impressed. 
 You need to strap Aegis on the back or your phone or even use a hardcase which the phone can snap out of with Aegis on the back. You won't catch the dragon leaving it loose on the bottom of your phone. You need to apply some organisation Wyd4.  Tale a look at this rig here.  Imagine that huge dac/amp being Aegis in smaller form, you can apply the dac/amp to the back of the hard case with the cable running along the back. Find these cases on eBay for $2-$3 dollars.  When...