Posts by H20Fidelity

I was using DX50 earlier with Tenore, but there's something about the Zune which is giving quite amounts of depth in vocals. Really impressive. (will try DX50 again)On the DX50 what gain mode do you use? (I was on medium gain)
 Honestly, I've been listening on/off for a few hours now, little shocked how they sound straight from Microsoft Zune 30gb. I'm actually excited to lay down later and spend time with them. Not to mention the comfort levels are quite high, they just sink into the ear, no weight. I mean, sure, the build is a little limited but you can't really knock them when they sound like this. I have no idea if mine are bassy pair or reference, they sound relatively balanced, maybe a...
 Essentially you would be double amping. Firstly, through the Marantz internal amp > headphone out. Secondly to NX1. If your question is can you hurt anything, not that I know of though one would like to assume the Marantz on its own is a more capable one device solution. If you wanted to muck around then you'd use the Marantz headphone out as your preamp. You'd set the volume to around 3/4 and use it as a makeshift line out, All volume would then be controlled via your...
 And never truer words were spoken on that evening. Plenty of time.... 
I've been really impressed these last few days driving a pair of Grado SR125 with FiiO X1. Every now and then going through gear I have 'this is all you need' moments. This is absolutely one of those scenario's. I've had a lot of fun with my X1, whether by amping it, or as a stand-alone unit. It's a great little $100 investment.
 Well, you know somethings right when you receive a pair of Sennheiser HD25 the same day, but end up contributing more time with the Tenore.  We're getting it too good in the budget section. Chinese IEM smashing out performance left/right/center. I'll pop back in once some manual listening hours are clocked up! 
My Tenore arrived today, I'm very impressed at the sound these push out. Great amount of refinement and detail. There's something about them that sounds smooth and inviting, good essence or vibe. The build is a little questionable, thin cable, looks to be weak strain reliefs, though for $50 roughly they're true stars in performance.    Really pleased from the moment I put them in my ears. 
I have tried Cayin C5 on home audition. It's quite a big unit, long. With the limited 24 hours I had It's not fair to comment too much. It has nice tone, soundstage, imaging, but I found it too smooth in the mid-range.
 I'd probably contact JamesFiiO or JoeBlogs here on Head-fi and speak to them Pete. They will get the problem sorted.  Edit: Msg Joe, he's a little less busy than James and should reply quicker. http://www.head-fi.org/u/715/joe-bloggs
Well, the reason I brought up C421 is because it's amps like that by JDS which quickly shows you NX1's limitations. I think DX50 is pretty competent when used with a strong amp. Probably the best all-rounder / price / scaling ability / features etc imo.Once you get to DX90 an amp's likely not required in most pairings.Anyway, the boys have an NX2 thread up and running. You can check it...