Posts by H20Fidelity

Don't be surprised if soon (or already) you can never use Jet Effects enhancements again after adjusting to flat setting. (especially one as engaging as Aliens sig) This was the case for me when I first threw away the Cowon evilness years ago. BBE sounds like over processed cheeseburgers now.
 The masterminds behind ER4 series would be pretty chuffed I imagine!
  Indeed, when first I heard about ER4S I was doubtful something so old could still sound good or up to date in the year 2012, (I mean lets face it, this was made years ago). I had thoughts surely technology had moved forward and everyone was crazy. I spoke to some people who assured me it wasn't the case with ER4S, still I was reluctant. However, after also being a fan of MDR-V6 for what it was and seeing how long it was around I had to find out. Today ER4S, remains one...
 I'm glad I'm not alone on the concept.  To elaborate a little further on the scenario above and help explain. The DX90 would definitely (and does) reveal more detail with that T-Peos hybrid, but there's much more to sound quality. For example, the Altone would also sound harsh on DX90 (a flaw of the hybrid), so the iRiver also sounds smoother at the expense of less detail. (which is a plus for me) As for the DX90, the DN-1000 is pretty good pairing, and I really do like...
Yes, it would appear since 1991 the release of ER4 series Etymotic may have covered their research and development costs? But I feel they believe in 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'. Whoever designed, tuned and committed research on ER4 series has tested the final barriers of audio time, and the rate this thread still moves It doesn't appear ER4S is fading anytime soon. The best way to look at it is, the rest of the audio areas are moving rapidly, sources, amps, and ER4S...
 Yes, I consider synergy very important, I'm quite intrigued by it. For example, let's take one IEM for a simple scenario: 1 ) T-Peos Altone200 Now, two sources miles apart in price: 2) iBasso DX90 - $540 AUD (to buy in Australia currently) 3) iRiver E100 (picked up used for $50 AUD on Australian eBay) The law of money and expectation bias says the $540 source will sound much better, it's more expensive, you paid more, it uses better internals, has more output power,...
  535 remind me a little bit of what Westone offer in their price to performance ratio, but I don't see strong synergy coming between 535 and DX90 myself.
 Yes! Lots of new IEM to play with. SE535 and DN-1000 are mine (to keep) but DN-2000 is just an extended home audition (but for quite a while)  I still haven't tried SE535 with DX90 but from what different sources I have I can see how they may cause much confusion amongst the community. Many sources make them sound anything from congested, dark, confused, withheld, and quite subdued. But there is one source here which I'd read about beforehand makes 535 sound nice, Cowon...
So, out of the three IEM mentioned earlier, I feel DN-1000 pairs really well with DX90. manages to reveal quite an amount of detail yet remain smooth. It can be on the bright side of the spectrum, but quite transparent and high in clarity. I was more impressed with the DN-1000 synergy over DN-2000. The SE535 I haven't tried yet, but I don't think they will outclass the DN-1000 with DX90 (purely from synergy perspective).. I did have my gut feeling about the Dunu working...
 Its pretty bad actually when you put it that way. If I ever sense a cable putting too much stress on the female pins I stop immediately, no matter what the cable has been branded for. I think I've sanded the pins down on a couple. These are my favorite cables on eBay, these guys make good stuff, I've used them on a few TF10, 1Plus2, Rhapsodio...