Posts by H20Fidelity

Nah, Etymotic won't do it, won't send you a cable. You're required to send them back, they say to check the connectors and drivers. I've tried, and read a few other stories. They just won't send a cable.
I believe DX90 has what it takes to outclass Alien, just not with any of my current IEMs or Fidue A83. Since changing the digital filter to slow roll-off (a feature of DX90's DACs) it sounds smoother to my ears. I'm going to work on getting another IEM for it, possibly DN-2000J as I believe what I'm having is a case of mismatched synergy except with Altone200 which is showing the iBasso performance but want to try and find 'the ultimate' pairing for it. As it stands Alien...
Check out the Duni Titan 1. its a half in-ear design that's worn down and you can lay on your side with them no problem.  See some of the reviews here I'll link below. It will sound better than SE215, but you must remember these kind of designs will limit the amount of isolation.http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones Btw: I think you just got off to a bad start with the SE215, not they're a bad IEM, they're actually very pleasant...
Thanks! This is big help!
It's actually healthier to charge a lithium battery more frequently so, once a week is a good timeframe. They actually enjoy being charged.I actually came here to see what cables from Aliexpress you guys think are the best options. Members like @Wokei I'm interested in hearing from, which ones do you think are the best buys?  Preferably silver plated and not to long, around standard size.
Here's another example I read the other day. http://www.head-fi.org/t/746228/rockjaw-alfa-genus-reviews-impressions-thread/30#post_11197054 To continue further, there's two other IEM I've heard  (at the same time) which sounded different as well. However as my personal choice they will remain unnamed. So that's five in total I have heard with differences.  
I totally believe you 100%. In my time using IEM here I've heard differences between x2 pairs of: Westone 4 Brainwavz B2 Ostry KC06. These are IEM I've had right beside me at the same time and almost gone mad A/Bing them This is why I keep saying its amazing anyone actually agrees on sound signatures and presentation here on Head-Fi because I have heard differences more than enough times to know that there's (sometimes) tolerance variations between the same product....
You're in Melbourne, home of all audio stores within Australia. Make some vegemite sandwiches, head over Addicted 2 Audio and demo the AK players. Maybe even show the owners your little Shozy weapon of destruction and give them a listen.
There is a trick I have read, and that the pin is protruding out a little is what's going to save you. Rather than use a pair of pliers find yourself a really sharp box cutter blade and dig it into the side of the pin whilst pulling up and turning slightly. Slowly and steady will be your friend here. Make sure the edge of the blade digs right in and gets a grip then lever it upwards little by little, once it reaches a certain point you can then use pliers or some other...
Its happening, more photos surfacing on the net of rebranded Kogan units.