Posts by H20Fidelity

MDR-1R are rather warm, smooth and quite subdued in detail, they have a nice atmosphere but won't satisfy those craving any excitement, (imo) DN-1000 on the other hand, are cleaner, richer in clarity with more detail and stronger technical ability. Having owned MDR-1R my preference would be > DN-1000 and especially at $90. I'm actually surprised by DN-1000's resale street price. Sounds much better than I see them selling second hand.
Yes, the Clip is rather awkward to pair with some amps, maybe you can come up with something like I used to do with E11.Of course, the ghetto bands are optional with today's advanced technology in dual lock. 
I'd been watching the Chinese IEM etc discovery thread.  Sounds like you're onto a good thing.
Off to a good start. Little worried about goodvibes for a while there. I hear on the grapevine full charge + 20 hours is a must. Then anything up to 200 hours isn't a bad idea either.Personally, I've just been using mine normally, probably about 3-4 total charges / run downs now.And we know how I feel about the sound. ;)
What many people do with SRH440 is replace the pads with SRH840 pads or...what I use with great sucess is Brainwavs HM5 pads. The stock pads on SRH440 can be a little stiff so changing them out increases comfort quite a lot, especially the HM5 pads which are like wearing big soft pillows.They can be found here http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1-pair(That total price is for a pair)And look like this on SRH440.Yes, I recommend NX1 over E11, not only having...
Redneck version ftw.
The most improvement will always come from the headphone upgrade. In your situation owning the Klipsch once before myself I think we can get you something quite a bit better without breaking the bank.  I would suggest looking at these options... Shure SRH440 Takstar PRO 80 Takstar HI2050 (my personal favourite of those is SRH440) The Shure will run you about $100 USD, the Takstars around $60-$75 depending where you order. You need to research these options and see which...
I re-converted it to 16/44 FLAC again with dbpoweramp but it didn't make a difference.It was getting to a point I was inserting/ejecting the card so much running tests I'd rather save the card slot for times needed and live without those two files. I'm also hoping down the road someone else comes up with "I found out the problem" and deal with it then.
 I think a problem with A83 owners is (not necessarily yourself) many new owners are used to shoving an IEM deep as they can into their ear canal. Its natural to do this by default, to achieve the deepest / tightest seal possible, but with A83 they simply don't have nozzle reach to do this and will cause nothing but frustration wanting to reverse back outwards as the housing hits your ear..So what people need to do is come in from a different angle, throw all that 'deep...
Like Loquah said I have 2 FLAC files (tracks) out of 20+ albums that Alien seems to think are invisible. We've tried lots of tag removing, renaming the file, reconverting the file to FLAC, pretty much everything we can think of, but Alien won't play them. To make this situation more bizarre the files are within playable albums, only these 2 files  (2 different albums) won't play despite being ripped exactly the same decoder with the rest of the album files, Alien simply...