Posts by H20Fidelity

A great pairing for either 2nd edition or 3rd Anv Studio units is hifiman RE-400. Clean clear and silent in regards to background noise. Real gem combination.
I've owned both Cowon C2 and J3, miss the J3 sometimes, though the reason I sold it was because I found C3 superior. I'll try these S5 from Sony NWZ-F806 Walkman.
I can see exactly what you're trying to do here "label me as the initiator". I'm sorry, but I explained myself, anyone who isn't the thread owner can see that.Not going to work on me sorry. Like I said, you're lucky I even came back to explain the situation.Good day 1Clearhead. 
I didn't mean to start some chain of negativity, that wasn't my intention. My post in this thread was merely to give my impression. The story behind it is: I happened to be in ijokerl's thread the very same evening 1clearhead was pushing Ivry IS-1, I'd spent so much money that evening on other items I thought what's $10 going to hurt, in doing so I could clear any air about the IEM., I didn't buy them in belief we're all on our way to HD800 clarity heaven for $10.00. If...
I'll always try and use the provided stock tips if I can, unless it's just not turning working enjoyable or a fit issue. The stock tips (large greys) fit me well with S5. Sure, C3 is a great little player for $100, low output impedance and pairs well with Brainwavs S5. The UI can be a little daunting at first, though it's one player I've never thought of selling.
To get a grasp of an IEM true frequency response I tend to use Sansa players. (clip / zip). While they might not be the end to all DAPs they're proven to measure flat (and measure well). For example, the Colorfly C3 has a touch of low end roll-off so I'm losing a fraction of S5 sub-bass extension. Like you said, same goes with amping or colouring the signal. We had a conversation once via PM about even using the provided stock tips and not the ones you changed over too as...
Indeed, it's pretty cool. I actually had a few amps on demo last year or earlier in the year? for about 2 weeks.JDS C421JDS C5Leckerton UHA-760C&C BHPanda P&DGuess which one I chose. 
I dunno suman134, I really these S5! I keep listening from C3 and they impress me  more and more. I don't mind if we hear differently, I keep leaning towards S5's smoothness and soundstage, especially when a busy chorus kicks in the stereo separation  is just more coherent. I will however try RE-400B unbalanced (I have the adapter) and try to milk them with Studio V unit or another source like DX50. I won't give up as we're only early into my experiment! :PThe S5 is...
My pair arrived today.  They sound pretty much like something worth $10 - $20. I would possibly be able to compare them to Monster Turbine but I'd be pushing it. I hear nothing that resembles sound quality comparable to DN-1000 or KC06 at all, not in clarity detail nothing, let alone HD800's clarity. Just a warm veiled (but smooth) bassy earphone. I'm having suspicion  this is some kind of sales pitch thread to try and get Ivery IS-1 sales though I'm pretty much done...
Either JDS C5 or C&C BH. I will give you the BH thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-reviewYes, I did create the thread but below my mini review all the members impressions are logged,take note of those and be sure to read them. C5 is the better amp I have openly admitted that in the BH thread though whether the extra money is worth it is debatable . I only came in here actually to say how fond I've...