or Connect

Posts by H20Fidelity

When I first discovered portable audio I saw Monster Turbine Pro Copper at Harvey Norman for about $499 AUD. At the time I did what any noob or mainstream person would do, laugh my head off and show my brother. Even spending $200 was about my upper limit due the sanity involved.Then I worked out $200 doesn't get you quite there, $500, or more to the point the want to move further becomes stronger, the addiction. Now $1k (USD) is becoming the minimum for a higher level...
I'm not sure on the release, the others may be able to help.
I miss not having a cat, but I wouldn't have its nose tattooed like Mimouille has.
 I guess for me having owned and enjoyed the original 1Plus2 for so long 2.2 offers an extension of that. The same meaning and signature in a nutshell but it comes across thicker and more detailed especially around the mid-range, sibilance has been reduced at higher volumes as well. I also agree on the treble being slightly smoother or less forward than the original which makes 2.2 hold up better at higher volumes and sound quite fleshed out or higher in energy or potency,...
 Indeed. 
 I don't know what the others think though my 2.2 throws out quite a bit more detail and energy than my (original) Ref.1, particularly around the mid-range its a full rich experience, thick yet vibrant. When I listen to Ref.1 before/after it sounds restricted like the detail has been reduced or capped until I adjust and find myself creeping the volume up to replicate the mid-range of 2.2. Ref.1 bass is more impactful and extended, 2.2 low end is more akin to the original...
Quite funny, I ended up on utube today watching a SE846 review from a reviewer who usually does smartphones, gaming, everything in the mainstream. When this guy reviewed SE846 (actually in 2014) the mainstream consumers just couldn't fathom the price and cost of SE846. They just don't seem to grasp the concept making all these jokes and humorous posts in the comments section. For someone like me and many of us where portable audio is second nature or a second home it was...
My post above was not regarding waiting times (for the record). Was about my interest in warrior1975's incoming impressions.

That cable I purchased for my A83 many months ago is for sale.   I'm not using it any longer since moving onto other earphones.   The sale is only for Australia however, any A83 owners can contact me, I'll ship it out to your location.     Sales in my signature.