Posts by H20Fidelity

Stick your fingers in your ears, that what it feels like, but softer due to the silicon or foam. It's a little strange at first but easily forgettable.
 XDuoo X2 will drive Havi, you will be using quite a lot of volume on X2 but it works well enough. I wouldn't say you're driving them to 100% of their ability but better than a smartphone or Sansa player. The way I see it is you have two options around the same price. 1) XDuoo X2 ($55 USD) 2) Topping NX1 (about $35-$45 USD) - to use with your original source. Of course, the X2 is much smaller and a one device solution. 
I can tell you the DN-2000 series (and more than likely DN-2000J) give the A83 a bit of beating when it comes to soundstage (width) though I'll still take the A83 for it's more aggressive mid-range detail. The Dunu (2000) is a little too soft or smooth for me to say I'd take it over my A83. But in a nutshell they're both excellent hybrids.
16/44 FLAC (each one)I don't venture any higher, and definitely not any lower.The OP question is all relative to the IEM being used for each album. Andrea Bocelli sounds best with my ER4S, Norah Jones with something a little warmer, thicker and the source is the same story.That's the secret in my opinion, pairing the IEM with the genre (and to some extent the DAP and especially DAP / IEM synergy)
A lot of....   Alison Krauss (especially the Essential Alison Krauss Album) Andrea Bocelli (especially the Sogno Album) Diana Krall (especially the live in Paris Album) Norah Jones (especially Come Away with Me Album) Maria Mena (especially the Cause and Effect Album)   I'm a bit of of vocals freak, so I spend much time focusing on vocal detail, tone, weight, extension trying to extract that perfect balance (and obviously) as much detail possible. Some Andrea...
We're all one big happy family! But did you have the special "Head-fi" edition? 
I think you should focus on looking at the Sony A15 Walkman, its going to cost about $50 USD more than your budget but meets your requirements well. I'll give you that thread.   http://www.head-fi.org/t/728401/sony-nwz-a10-series   With all your requirements you're cutting down many options due to the size you require, if this wasn't a problem you could research:   iBasso DX50 FiiO X1 FiiO X3   Or... the soon coming FiiO X3 II in about a month. The X3 II and X1...
I've decided to use X2 with my Rhapsodio hybrid (this is a $650 hybrid IEM)   Up until today I'd been using Sony NWZ-F806 Walkman with RDB Mini, though always felt it lacked power and a little detail authority, it made the hybrid sound a little soft. it was however, the best synergy I could find for this hybrid which leans towards being rather bright / analytical and a fraction 'fussy' with sources.   Since listening most of this evening, I've decided to make X2 this...
 Mine was like that at first, try and check if the tape is still grabbing it a little somewhere. Mine was spring loaded. Get something on the edge of the pin and try to pryer it up (it should come up a tiny bit above flush) When it comes up just press it up and down a few times and it should start springing up normally. Please be careful doing all this, we're dealing with an expensive unit. Nice and slow, even it takes you 15 minutes.
I totally admire my Alfa Genus, it was this product which inspired me to hear other RockJaw products (which I will get to soon), and if the Kommand impresses me as much I must own a pair. There's something about Alfa Genus's wooden housing and timbre that just create a really competent listening experience.   You know, Alfa Genus has had quite a lot of positive attention previously but it was all concentrated in RockJaw's sponsor section thread, so it's not really a new...