Posts by H20Fidelity

Mine are rarely sibilant with the genres I'm listening with. I've become quite addicted to Titan, most recently with DX50 headphone out, which is strange because I usually dislike that player unless amped. I haven't listened to much else going on 3 days now, there's something about Titan which ticks many boxes.I've been considering purchasing another DN-1000 but I'm not sure. Do you still have DN-1000? Do you think it pulls away from Titan in detail? It's very awkward...
I can agree with that - they give me a great seal especially with short nozzle designs eg: Fidue A83, Rhapsodio RDB Mini, however, they seem to soften the upper mid-range for me (as you mentioned close to the lower treble), subtracts some of A83's energy. I love the fit, soundstage, and bass response, but after further testing they're missing something "Heir tips" provide me with.
You betcha!Mine hardly leave my listening station, I've been running them from iBasso DX50 recently (not DX90) and they can certainly put on a very good show.
 Due to A83's lower than average 11ohm impedance its quite susceptible to attracting noise, especially from a soundcard or something which isn't designed for sensitive IEM. You'd be better off looking at purchasing a little dac/amp and getting a cleaner signal to your A83. Something like the SMSL M2 would be a decent little addition.
Dunu Titan 1 are basically the best buy I've encountered so far this year. The company keep hitting home runs, especially on a price to performance ratio, (ie: DN-1000 last year). This is why that half in-ear is scoring straight 5 to 4.5  stars. Providing you can live with the lower isolation due to their design they sound great from Alien. They might not have the absolute clarity or details of Altone, but they're certainly smoother and more organic, hence suited for...
  No, straight from headphone out for that pairing, I used to amp quite a lot mucking around, achieved some decent results, though really most of IEM discussed in this thread don't require an amp. I did achieve good results amping DN-1000 however, I was using a $250 USD Tralucent T1 amp. (though its not really required in general) If you want to have a play with X1's line out just for gaining experience then do some research on Topping NX1, little credit card size amp,...
   150 Euro = $168 USD. Yes, there are better options than C3 these days, though depending on your needs is the question. Firstly, Colorfly C3 is not a bass heavy player, reason being it doesn't measure completely flat under load and presents a small amount of low-end roll off, it has no custom EQ only presets and is designed to be listened too set flat. If you're looking for a player that presents solid sub-bass extension C3 is not going to be the one. Secondly, while I...
Yes, you can run an RCA to 3.5mm cable from the Pure i20 analogue RCA out to NX1's input. It will work no problem.
Topping NX1 ($40-$50) Check the thread. http://www.head-fi.org/t/696825/topping-nx1-portable-headphone-amplifier-impressions-thread#post_10100225 Or you could also consider: FiiO E11K C&C BH2.
I'm having the same problem, a folder I added doesn't show the files, still looking into it, tried removing tags doesn't help.   I always remove the card for file transfer so it appears X2 is having some problems with newly added material.   I will look into it, though suggest everyone else keep tinkering around.   Edit: My issue was simply a case of adding an ALAC album to my card by accident (not FLAC). I have duplicate albums in FLAC and ALAC, I'd added a folder...