Posts by H20Fidelity

A83 would be the IEM I'd show someone to WOW them immediately, it has big excitement factor, but AF140 would be the one I'd sit back and take in the atmosphere. It was really capable at imaging, soundstage in an uncanny way. Almost smokey, it kind of sounds very wrong, but very right.Anyway, if you can try first you're fine. =)
Try turning the bass port dial completey the opposite direction. I'm feeling they might be fully open. (which you think is closed)Or, let's simplify it, have you tried with the dials completey turned each way?I can get my ASG-2 down to pretty calm bass levels with the ports fully closed. (which isn't what you describe at all).
 I've heard AF140 on home audition, almost bought them as well. The AF140 received mixed opinions mainly due to its rather dark signature. Unless you know how to accept different tonalities (warm/dark/cold) or the signature sits comfortably 140 sound rather veiled or muffled, thick in the mids (great for long listening) Despite this, its rather detailed and has a real musical talent. The low end is rather emphasised and treble slightly rolled off giving A83 the upper hand...
 You need to download MP3Tag (free) and remove the comment tags and album/artist from the files. (its a tag problem) Alternatively, you can load your entire card of FLAC files and remove all tags in one batch. (keep in mind this theory would be if the card is always used with X2)
So things don't drift off into some "the Alien hisses with everything".  (because I really don't want that for such an awesome product)   I have quite a few IEM here probably 10-15 that are used regularly, after disconnecting Alien from my Fidue A83 and trying several IEM this isn't a concern people should be worried about with majority of pairings. To keep things in perspective, I personally find Dunu DN-2000 hiss sensitive with a few sources, including Colourfly C3 and...
 Yes, they're really comfortable, they simply win listening time when I'm laying down because of this. Wearing an SE535 with stock cable is almost like strapping yourself into some prehistoric machine, the hoops grabbing your ears trying to spring outwards, the housings kind of sitting there at weirds angle, it really doesn't give the highest fit to comfort ratio. A83 can also be looked at simiarly. On the other hand, Titan with Sony hybrid tips is like wearing two...
Sometimes a little treble roll off isn't a bad thing, especially for longer listening session. Number one culprit of early fatigue imo.
Extension is how high the treble would reach into the higher frequency range. For example, some people say the low end of an IEM lacks extension which would indicate early roll off and in the same example lack of deep sub-bass. Same story with the treble regions but in the higher frequencies.
You don't just break into a warehouse, know exactly where to crawl under motion sensors, avoid detection, get past the warehouse door  (cut it perfectly) without tripping the alarm without knowing much about a surrounding area. Either the people behind this are highly skilled and had plans to the security system layout or knew that complex very, very well.
 I think what's even scarier or questionable regarding Titan. Both DN-1000 and DN-2000 (which I have here currently) hold that balanced armature timbre / sound, they're a fraction coloured in tone, and especially the 2000 to my ears is a little smooth, glossed over or forgiving when it comes to detail aggression. If the naturalness of a dynamic driver and timbre is something you prefer I could even understand someone taking Titan over both the hybrids models. This actually...