Posts by H20Fidelity

I sold mine for about $50 USD in the end, mainly to cover some of my next purchase. In the end they just became a recovery experiment . But before any other readers get the wrong idea i love the sound very much and not every unit suffers such an unlucky fate, especially newer batches to my understanding.
Mine never shorted out or lost connection, you really don't want to know the numerous chemicals I applied to it . (It was a lot) from WD40, silicon spray, vinegar, vegetable oil, heated it to near melting point with a hair dryer trying to reactivate the rubber. Basically I googled ever remedy I could find to rejuvenate rubber on an endless mission and they never stopped working .The problem is they go stiff above the Y-spilt which causes the housing to move as the cable...
Well, for the RDB Mini yes! J3 is still a good player, great one. If you put a DX50 or J3 infront of me for sound alone (for  IEM) I would take the Cowon nine times outta ten.
You can get a rough (very rough) idea by installing one of the sound pressure level apps on your smartphone and holding / pushing it up to the mic, of course this isn't accurate but gives you a ball park to play in. There's also sound level meters you can buy on eBay or amazon for quite cheap. As for something completely accurate I imagine you'd need IEM measuring tools which cost a fortune. Of course, stay open to other members opinions too, I am but one person. 
Um...yes from the internal memory only (non-integrated case scenario) but that is really for little girls Retrias, real men use folder sorting. The UI is quite simple, you have 4 buttons for navigation x2 for enter / exit - x2 for up /down and the way it's laid out if you look at the pictures is quite thoughtful. you can bounce your fingers between quite smoothly, not a touch screen like J3.But I guess why we're here is the sound it puts out with the Rhapsodio hybrid which...
This hobby is simple, if there's a market for it companies will build it (regardless of price). Astell & Kern have proven this already with their AK240 player. There are enthusiasts out there who have tried every high end (C)IEM on the market, walking in limbo through a desert with no place left to go, money really no obstacle for them. Then, all of sudden a vial of water is dangled in front of them (cue JH new flagship) and being so thirsty they drink it. This pattern...
How about roughly 25-30% more power than that J3 you have in your inventory, is that any kind of achievement for you?  Sure, the UI is more than usable. Keep in mind this particular unit after researching is discontinued long ago.You get an idea on my observations from the sources I've owned listed on my profile, this unit is quite capable.
 Honestly, quite powerful, more power than a Sony Walkman. Dynamics are a strong feature in the presentation.
As promised here's some pictures.
I believe the Westone IEM mentioned would be Westone 4 and probably a good place to start, Its extremely versatile, neutral if not just a hint of warmth. It would probably suit you well actually, of course if you can demo these first is recommended. Adding comply will knock some off the top and smooth out the sound, Westone 4 are already rather gentle compared to a vivid hybrid like T-Peos Altone200 (definitely not for you)I cannot help with a full-size headphone, its not...