or Connect

Posts by H20Fidelity

Well, a verdict would be interesting between these two! Which model geekout is that, and is this the same one I was eyeing on the FS section week or two ago?
For an IEM of this value I will look at every single eBay listing as fake, regardless. Even if I'm assured with some receipt or a blessed Angel from heaven whispered it's genuine in my ear. Only buy from an authorised Sennheiser dealer.
Ok, so after a total of 6 full weeks (tell me about it) I finally received the silver plated balanced/pono cable for my ASG-2. I tested it several times this afternoon and it's been a total waste of time because it makes my ASG-2 far too bassy. Much much much to much bass even with the ports closed. I can accept the extra extension I'm hearing running balanced but 'dat quantity' is simply not on. To make matters worse not only does the bass bleed, the mids sound overly...
 Well, I msgd the first seller asking which colour he had. Got a reply in 2 hours.  Not sure which language you were speaking.   Now, there's plenty of options. Noisy Motel with WW shipping and our good eBay seller wsz0304 (who is actually a Shenzhen Audio Store seller)  Aliens everywhere.
 Told you mate, puts out big sound for something so small. (and power) 
  You can still find them on eBay.http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xshozy+alien.TRS0&_nkw=shozy+alien&_sacat=0
Start reading about XDuoo X2 and IHIFI 770C, see what else people have. The obvious direction is FiiO X3II, though beating Alien for $200 may prove difficult.
 The obstacle with Head-fi is much like the entire internet. Read something long enough you'll begin thinking it will happen to you. You could go through most large IEM threads here discovering horror stories along the lines of durability, cutting out, cable issues, stressful warranty exchanges, returns, etc etc because its where people come to vent, express their disappointment. But life is all about opportunity, leaps of faith, living on the edge. If your paranoia keeps...
 Like mentioned above, the most improvement in your situation will come from an IEM upgrade, specifically heading away from consumer or mainstream level IEMs like CX 5.00. You'll be much better off looking at something like Chinese Fidue A73 for around $150 USD which will give a substantial increase compared to the entry level Sennhesiers or any DAP upgrade could bring for them.
DX50 and DX90 do have sharp corners, no way around it. I've observed two silicon cases spilt on the upper top corners from simply removing the case over time and with little effort.