Posts by hyogen

I can see your point MadCow.     I was able to figure out that i have to half press the shutter in order to start being able to change aperture and shutter speed after burst shooting.  I'm pretty sure I did not need to do this with the D600, but I think it is because on the D750 I have set the front/back scroll wheels to move back and forth and jump 10 photos at a time when reviewing photos.  After taking a photo I have the camera set to review the photo, so the camera...
 That's great to know.  When reviewing images can you instantly zoom in 1:1 on the focus point like you can with some Nikons (I know at least D750, D800, D810--i assume others)
so you have felt it before?     EDIT:  Oh, you were talking about the live exposure meter.  
 Which Canon are you talking about?  I was really surprised/appalled to find out that changing ISO on the 5D mark 3 (and probably previous versions also) does not change the exposure meter in real time.  To see the change in the exposure meter, you have to re-meter by half pressing the shutter.....
I'll report back.  Maybe I'm just mistaken or maybe it's my memory card issue.  I know recently I've had a really good Samsung PRO card and a cheaper Sony Class 10 SD card.  Maybe it's happening when one memory card fills up?  I know that it's happened at least a few times recently that my memory card would have been filled up and switched to the second slot..       I was really surprised/appalled to find out that changing ISO on the 5D mark 3 (and probably previous...
 Yes, I rented it once and it had really nice bokeh.  I wish they would update it with a newer lens with weather sealing at least.  I also hate to pay $1000+ for a used one when Canon's superior version can be had for like $750 used!  I found it to be quite long and I once found this very good comparison site between the 135 f/2 and 105 f/2 DC which look pretty much the same.  The bokeh was indistinguishable because you had to be closer to your subject to get the same FOV...
Thanks very much!  It's funny I had no idea people were processing their photos about 3 years ago when I started to get serious with an SLR.  For a long while my dream camera was the 7D and I thought I had to get that camera to get such vibrant colors.  I forced myself to learn manual mode with my crop sensor and learned the basics from shooting with a fast enough shutter speed and shooting at the lowest possible ISO.  Once I switched to full frame the results are like...
Almost 2 years ago now I sold all my humble audiophile gear and bought myself a full frame D600--  check out my website which I just completely remade www.justinleewedding.com  I really have the D600 to thank, but I did waste incredible amount of time fixing skin tones and correcting white balance.  I got better at it near the end I guess..  I'm really proud of my work in the past 2 years, but must say thank you to a few people in this thread including leftnose and Jon L....
 Yes, that's the one I should have gotten, but I do have the 105mm 2.8 VR macro lens.  It is super sharp and the bokeh is not bad.  It survived a fall into a freshwater stream (just dried it in rice for 2 weeks).  I don't use it as much as my 85mm, but it does have better compression of the background so I like to use it.  Almost 2 years ago now I sold all my humble audiophile gear and bought myself a full frame D600--  check out my website which I just completely remade...
 they also made the OK button assignable for 1:1 preview on the focus point on the D750!  A welcome change from my D600.  So far I'm loving the D750 MUCH more for the skin tones, auto white balance, and focusing.  I have no regrets so far not switching to Canon.  This is the review that I needed to see to cement my decision:  http://shotkit.com/nikon-d750/