Posts by hyogen

don't be too disappointed at not having the D750.  It is better than the D610 in focusing but not as much as I thought.  The auto-WB is definitely better, but the detail is better on the D610 at high noise and it has just as good dynamic range as the D750.  I had two new D610's to sell and I was surprised at how low they sold for as well...such an amazing deal.     Oh, and the significantly deeper grip of the D750 is a must have for me I must say.  Using the D610 for...
With as good of dynamic range that my D750 has it was tempting to push the shadows a lot more, but I'm trying to get away from doing that.  
thanks guys.  wow, pretty much everyone prefers my edit over my VSCO filter edit.  Even my non-photographer friends.  This comes at a relief since all of wedding photography seems to be going in the VSCO direction.  VSCO, tiny people and huge landscapes, and centered couples.  
which edit do you guys prefer?  I was surprised that most of my friends (not photographers) liked my edit over the vsco filter one...  I did edit the vsco one also (they all require some tweaking), but the bottom edit is my edit with no filters.    
you're not using the 56mm fuji on your nikon are you?  Just wondering.  
I think the problem with these long macro lenses is that in order to get a fast enough shutter speed and get the DOF that I need (not razor thin) for wedding ring shots, I need lots of light.  My 35mm 1.4 lens at 2.8 aperture did better for this ring shot than my real 105mm macro lens even with vibration reduction..  I've also found that 105 is just a little too long for most of the shots I need.  I much rather would sacrifice a little compression and use my 85mm lens.  I...
i almost regret selling it now, but on a whim i listed my 105 2.8 macro on amazon and it sold in 2 days.. Got just a little more than I originally paid for it.     I really didn't like using this lens...I got it for macro ring shots and for the longer reach over the 85, but I feel like there has to be a more usable macro lens out there.  It was pretty much impossible to take a handheld shot indoors in a kinda lower light situation without flash even with image...
 I tend to use the 85mm the most when I need a long lens (although 105 is my longest lens for now) This was taken with the old 85mm 1.8 AF (pre-D) lens which I love for it's small size that I sometimes fit in my front pocket when I don't want to bring my bag.  It was then cropped and even full quality is only 744kb......that makes me scared to print it (not that I will), but could this be blown up to 20x30" with no pixelation? 
 I have it.  Sharp and great compression.. I'm kinda about to switch over to zooms for a few of my lenses so I may not keep it, but when I was fine with just primes it was perfect and I didn't feel the need for anything longer or the faster 135 f/2.