Posts by weirdek

Got the HP2011's today, so gonna do a quick comparison vs Somic v2. It's a bit unfair since they don't have any burn-in, whilst the Somic have been used for a year.  So right off the bat, 2011's are brighter and more neutral whilst the V2's are warmer and more intimate.   Bass response is fairly similar, V2's extend deep and have more sub-bass but they sometimes bleed into mids, 2011's extend similarly deep but without any bleed and with less sub-bass. I can hear the...
Just ordered the isk hp2011's, was thinking either them or the mdh9000's. Saw a user do a comparison between the two of them and he said that the hp2011's were a bit more detailed and neutral, although mdh9000's are pretty close to them with a slightly deeper and boomier bass. They also apparently have great sound stage for closed cans. Plus the hp2011's were cheaper as well. Gonna compare them to the Somics and I'm hoping they're good.   The only minor issue I've had...
 Thanks, so the HP2011 uses the Takstar shell but I'm guessing the sound is different? I saw in another thread that the HP2011's are better than both 2050 and Pro 80's from Takstar which I used to have. Still not sure which one's to choose, hopefully someone can compare HP2011 to Yenona's and MDH9000 so I can make a choice. Also I can't seem to find anyone who had the Somic's and any of the 3 I mentioned so no real comparison to make unfortunately. I would buy the Somic's...
Unfortunately I can't find them or any of the rebrands for the max. 50$ incl. shipping. They're around 65$ but I'm on a budget. How do the Yenona's compare to them in your opinion? I doubt there's many more options for that price in terms of clarity. Also they don't need to be bass heavy, I just prefer a bit of oomph compared to the flatness coming from Pro 80's. Hopefully clarity and detail is better or the same as the Somics.
Can you guys recommend a new pair of headphones? I haven't kept up with chinese threads too much because I've been busy, but I'm looking for something new. So far I've had Takstar Pro80 and Somic V2 & MH463 (relatively similar sound).   Unfortunately as good as the Somic V2 sounds to me, the cups keep unscrewing (the plastic broke) and now I have to use a tiny screwdriver and manually screw them in every week or so, so I'm looking for a new pair of headphones. I was...
I'm running them through Xonar DG. I didn't mean the Pro 80 has literally no bass, I just didn't feel it had the oomph that the song asked for. Obviously the MH463 doesn't sound like a bass heavy headphone, it just delivers when it needs to. I should also mention that when the track does ask for some thumping and/or deep bass it doesn't even slightly overpower the rest of the spectrum which, for the price, is amazing. Like I said, it feels and sounds better in every way...
Own both of them, MH463 is superior in every way. The first thing you notice on the first listen is the spacious sound stage and bass which the Pro 80 really lacks. Some people say it's flat and neutral but for me it felt like it was almost nonexistent compared to other cans I had. It actually surprised me that the MH463 sounds so much more detailed, especially since the Takstars were so hyped so I assumed they had no competition at that price.
I already own the Gemini's, but needed something more open and with a straight cable so I've settled on the MH463 after some users compared the two directly.
Hi, I currently own the Takstar Pro 80 but the pleather pads have basically scraped off and the coiled cable is a nuisance. I wanted to try a more open headphone and so far my choices are either the hi2050 or a somic headphone. Now the problem is that I don't know how the somics directly compare to each other. I've narrowed it down to the MH463, mm185 and mm163. From my understanding the mm185 are an upgraded version of the efi-82 mt and the mm163 is more like a closed...
Hi, does anyone have the somic mm185/163 and could you compare them to the likes of a Takstar Pro 80? I need something with a bit more instrument separation and a tad more bass than the Pro 80's and from what I've seen the mm163 is a more closed mh463 and the mm185 is a upgraded version of the efi-82mt. I'm not sure which of these sound better, but I would either go with the mm185 or the mh463 since the mm163 has a coiled cable. If anyone has them I'd appreciate any info