Posts by weirdek

Yeah I think that it's just this one, not sure if I will return it because I don't know how the shipping will go and I already payed for import taxes the first time I got them... Just got one question for you guys - any of you got Xonar DG paired up with these cans? Because I can hear some hissing or static noise in the background. It's actually audible and pretty annoying while nothing is turned on, and when I play music it becomes even more obvious on some songs. Got...
I've noticed some weaknesses in the Pro 80's build. The 2 small wires on top of the cups are getting flimsy and can be pulled up or down a bit. The other thing is the two plastic thingies on the bottom of the aluminium frames holding the cups with screws in them aren't really tough. After 3 weeks of use (didn't drop them or anything, they were taken care of) the right cup can be moved left and right a bit since it's really flimsy and I don't know how to strengthen them...
Here's a quick review for the Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80)   They got around 100 hours of burn-in and I'm running them with the Xonar DG. The only comparison I can make is with the CALs which are pretty decent too. Sadly I don't have any of the more expensive models because I'm always looking for budget cans.   Build quality: These cans don't look or feel like 50$ headphones. They feel sturdy and there's no noise from the moving parts (the CALs have a...
So since I'm on vacation my only source of music is my old, trusty HTC Wildfire which isn't the best reference but I have no choice. Right off the bat the Takstar Pro 80's sounded amazing. The bass has clarity and depth, the mids are much better than on my CALs and the highs are detailed but not too sharp. I'm hearing new subtle sounds I never heard before. It's pretty amazing that these cans are a lot better on the wildfire than my CALs on the Xonar DG. The build quality...
I like the CALs lower end of the spectrum but they lack in the mid range and they aren't really comfortable + they get too hot to wear now in the summer so I planned on selling them. Anyways, I already ordered the Geminis because they were on sale so I was hoping someone can tell me how do they compare sound quality wise. I know I shouldn't be expecting a much better sq than on the CALs, but hopefully it is a tad better and they should be more comfortable.
Hi guys, I'm looking into the Gemini HSR-1000 but I'm not sure whether to buy it or not. They're currently 59$ on ebay so it looks like a steal, but I was wondering how much of an upgrade will I get from CAL's which I'm using now? The CAL's were my first decent headphone but I kinda want something with a bit more detail in the mids while still having those good and fun lows that the CAL has. I'll be getting the Xonar DG so they should be decently amped.
Guys I need a recommendation for new headphones. I'm currently using Creative Aurvana Live and I'm loving them, but in the next month or so I'm planning on getting new cans. My budget is around 120$.   I mostly listen to rock, a bit of metal, ska, punk, d'n'b and soul music but there's almost every genre in my collection and I'm not a bass-head but I don't like it when they're shy on bass. The CAL's are really great but the mid's are kinda lacking imo, and since 80%...
I'm looking for a more detailed sound between the two, and both have good bass. Also I really like that the CALs are more portable so I can use them with my MP3 player. I will be gaming but nothing competitive so the sound stage should be good on both from what I've read. Basically I think the CALs have more edge and detail but still remain warm and fun to listen to. Didn't have the opportunity to compare them head-on but from other reviewers the CALs are really close to...
I was wondering how close are these to the Creative Aurvana Live's? I've heard that the CALs are really good for it's price, but in my country the CALs and the Panasonics are almost the same price (5$ difference) so I can return these Panasonics and pay another 5$ for the CAL's. I hear that they really shine when slightly amped which i was hoping to do with my Xonar DG
I've recently purchased the RP-HTF600's after reading reviews and recommendations for the best budget headphones. So far I really really like them (HUUGE improvement over my Creative Labs gaming headsets i used to have) and I'm in no way an audiophile. I'm just an average user and I was looking for good sounding headphones with a decent ammount of bass and for this price I think I bought the clear winner.  Well basically, I need a suggestion on which sound card/amp...