or Connect

Posts by akiroz

haters gonna hate :p
no, because Hundred is the IS of our generation
Excited about the Windows/Ubuntu merge. It's finally gonna suck less. I feel like a complete idiot when ever I had to do something in M$ CMD.   wonder how they're gonna handle file permissions, case-sensitivity and path delimiters.... It's super annoying when URLs use / and paths use \ on the same system.
so... last season there's Bahamut and now we have Cerberus, what next?   @sousei no onmyouji   dat face!     @JokerGame   this is gonna be good.... :)   but damn! those ashtrays man... is that how much people smokes back in the days? They will be doing several packs a day at that rate....
Just finished watching NVidia's talk at GPU Tech Confrence 2016.   Pascal-based Tesla cards starts shipping 2017 Q1, nothing announced for Quadro and GTX yet. Now I can safely grab a Maxwell card with no regrets.
Nah, I already have my H@Hs setup on free cloud hosting trials.H@H is a network bandwidth intensive task, something that I have very little of at home.Got one on my Amazon EC2 a few days back and I just set up a new one on a Digital Ocean Droplet.Network on the EC2 is doing worse than expected, hope the Droplet will do better: I need a custom firewall / NAT gateway because my parents didn't spend that much on the first one and BT-ing with a couple thousand connections will...
 Oh damn! I mistaken the system bus with the memory bus while skimming the datasheets! The Xeon has a faster system bus that uses the QPI architecture instead of DMI2 in the Core series.That's used to communicate between (multiple) CPUs and the PCH, but my motherboard's PCIe slots aren't even attached the the PCH.Really gotta thank you for pushing me to do additional research.  *replaces E5-2650 with i7-5960X*
Nobody wants to change 1 line of code and have to wait more than 5 seconds to see if they got it right Having a fast computer lets me concentrate on what I'm trying to do and not how I'm trying to do it, It's really the memory access that the real bottle-neck in most programs I'll be running, so I'm expecting boost there instead of the instruction-per-second factor.The major difference between Core and Xeon is the internal bus architecture. Workstation cards are just...
I guess having this for a software developer would be like having a stockpiles of spare parts.it doesn't really generate money directly but if you've ever got an idea, you can easily try it out without much hassle.That and 1 high-end computer can be used as many low-ends ones but it doesn't work the other way around. Though I should probably ask if any of my friends wanna pitch in on this because I won't be using all compute resources at all times. Mainly cloud gaming (I'm...