Posts by b1o2r3i4s5

I actually bought most of those CDs in japan though and I'm pretty sure most of those doesn't have copyright outside japan..... Well I've only been using it on my Laptop so far because the average phone will never be able to decode lossless audio fast enough....
I haven't hosted this service on the web yet lol.Wouldn't DL-ing the songs from existing sites be easier?
Nope, no I don't. My server was never the bottle-neck in the playback chain, it always idles at <1% CPU every single time I check on it.....
Yep, I have a server running 24/7 originally for cloud backup / storage and web traffic tunneling. Not really, and TBH the internet has bit-perfect transmission with its redundant error checking methods. I wouldn't expect any difference in SQ.  Oops, didn't see your edited post.but yes, you could indeed pull files off my server. I pass the audio files to the clients like how one would normally download files.I'd imagine it would be rather difficult to do so manually...
Depends on how many users I intend to have really, I made this for myself (and maybe a few of my close friends).
If one can stream video, there's no reason why one can't stream lossless audio, video bandwidth >> audio
 Sure~ Like all web-apps it's got 2 sides: Server and Client.The server side app first scans my HDD and build a database consisting of all the music that I have,the database contains information like song titles, albums, artists, album images and path to find the audio file on the HDD. Once the music database is built, clients can connect to my server and will be given a list of all the songs I have on my server.clients could then request a specific song to play and the...
Update:   Seems to work on my phone too lol...
Thought I'd share with you guys the project I've been working on lately.....A web-based music library / player for streaming (lossless) audio from a remote server. Why?It's not very practical to store all of my music on my laptop (where I usually listen to music from)...   -> Store music on my server and tell iTunes my music is on a network drive...      -> iTunes doesn't play nice with it...         -> Write my own music player! Decided to name my player Yui originating...
Yeah... Abbreviations are over used.Especially if you read a lot of technical documents like me...... How pururin keep people from DDoS-ing during site maintenance    Not sure if they pick the vids out of a random list or something.....