or Connect

Posts by akiroz

did you mount your boot drive inside arch-chroot?the correct order of things is:mkfs.vfat /dev/sda1 mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda2 mount /dev/sda2 /mnt mkdir /mnt/boot mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/boot pacstrap base /mnt genfstab ... arch-chroot /mnt {setup everything else}
If you're booting the install iso (outside arch-chroot) then yes, your system's ESP is indeed /mnt/boot...... but you really shouldn't be setting up your system outside of arch-chroot! /dev/sda1 won't work because that's a file representing your disk partition, if you write random stuff to /dev/sda1, you'd most likely corrupt your file system.You'll probably learn more about this in your CS degree. anyway, see my prev post on how to set the config files.
yeah, I'll probably fallback to syslinux for older systems. I'm actually thinking of ditching gnome for dwm since I already have a pure black wallpaper and I don't really use a whole lot that gnome provides...
No no, I like the fact that systemd has a bootloader built-in so that's one less thing I need to install in my future arch install routines.I don't like rEFIt / rEFInd because it's way too fancy, 256-color terminals is the way I roll. (as you might have guessed from my vim config :p )
 Wow, I never knew this existed.... and I like it! So here's what I did to my XPS 13 that's currently running syslinux on UEFI:My disk is currently like this: NAME   MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTsda      8:0    0 238.5G  0 disk├─sda1   8:1    0   200M  0 part /boot├─sda2   8:2    0 230.3G  0 part /└─sda3   8:3    0     8G  0 part [SWAP]1. ran this: bootctl --path=/boot installbecause my kernel image is already in the ESP (/boot) after running mkinitcpio when I...
I'm just using animation profile on medium artifacts masking.
after using SVP for a while, I can't go back to the choppy pans in 24fps anymore.... lol
Ebony looks like charcoal.
@Danganronpa 3   why 3...? I'm completely lost....
@Mob Psycho 100   Hmm.... same author as OP Man...   but this time they are sticking with the original artwork....