or Connect

Posts by SpiderNhan

Then the omission of the 3.5mm jack in newer phones may bode well for future OTG functionality.In response to your earlier rant, Apple phones are priced and marketed as premium products which is the market that HTC and Samsung, etc. are competing with. Samsung's lower end models also have issues with OTG support as I'm sure is the case with other companies' cheaper models.It seems to me that anyone willing to spend $200 on a gadget that does nothing more than decode and...
It's universal! Works with PC too!
Amps do color sound. Just listen to a tube amp and a solid state amp being fed by the same DAC and the differences are glaringly obvious. Then there's tube rolling. A lot of times the coloration of an amp is a deciding factor in how it pairs with one's headphones.
I've read a couple posts in the Android phone/USB DAC thread where people had issues after upgrading certain models. My Galaxy S6 Active had no issues going from Lollipop to Marshmallow.
I was addressing what @Muniek66 posted, mainly, "I got a little unusual problem." It's not an unusual problem if it's the industry standard. It's also near impossible for flawless implementation of external DACs when things like upgrading from Lollipop to Marshmallow(or Android N) can render OTG functionally useless let alone the vast fragmentation among Android phones in general.To quote the late Mitch Hedberg,"You can't please all of the people all of the time, and last...
USB DACs currently lack the ability to pass headset controls onto the host device. This is reality with all external DACs. Some models will circumvent this with Bluetooth controls or hardware buttons built into the DAC itself, but it is not a shortcoming inherent in the Dragonfly design.
Just wanted to pop in and say DFR + KSC75 = OMFG!
I find proper source matching really alleviates or amplifies perceived brightness.
Have you looked into something like this?https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZCFYF2W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1466357721&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=wifi+flash+drive&dpPl=1&dpID=2195Jr6rvRL&ref=plSrch
I think the removal of the 3.5mm jack on the iPhone 7 and future Android models will create a surge of DAC cables in the coming months. I'm expecting to see tons of Cipher-like devices on the market soon along with their accompanying headphones. A company might even bite the bullet and release a universal DAC cable that works with any headphone. *ahem* FiiO! *cough cough*