or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by SpiderNhan

I have no issues with my Win10 laptop, Win10 PC, Android 5.1.1 or Android 6.0.1 smartphones using both JRiver MC and UAPP. Poweramp Alpha and Onkyo HF Player also work great on Android. You can also use an Android emulator on the PC and run UAPP. Never tried it.
The USB connector on the Dragonfly is very long. That is how it looks with my cable too.Try downloading Onkyo HF Player or USB Audio Player Pro and see if the DF works. Also try using a different OTG cable. Android cables are very sensitive.
I think a lot descriptions about audio gear over emphasize the differences between equipment. A little more 3D and clarity is exactly what you're paying for. iPhone has a good DAC. Dragonfly has a slightly better DAC.The Sennheiser HD800 S is $1700, while the Stax SR-009 is $3500, more than twice the cost. No one is going to hear a $1800 difference in sound. Even the AKG K7XX at $199 won't sound $3301 worse than the SR-009. It'll sound a little less 3D, less precise, not...
A washing machine might nerf the foam. Warm water and mild soap should do it.
Tidal streams CD quality, which maxes out at 16/44. All smartphones can play 16/44 natively.Support for high-res means the S7 can play high-res files, but they will be output at a lower res. Just like how a 1080p screen will play a 4K video, even though the screen will only output a max of 1080p.
Most Samsung phones support high-res. What that really means is that it is capable of playing high-res files, but he actual output will be down-sampled to 48khz.I use the Audioquest Dragonfly Red DAC and it supports high-res up to 192khz, but its maximum output is 96khz. It will still play the high-res files, but at a lower output.
You guys are saving me a lot of money.
My guess is the majority of smartphone and tablet users would never connect an external DAC to their devices. Just look at how few of them spend money on decent headphones. In New York City, where I live, 90% of the headphones I see when riding the subway or wandering the streets are either Apple earbuds/pods, Beats, Skullcandy, lower end Sonys, or Bose. The remaining 10% are the random earbuds/IEMS I can't identify and the occasional Sennheiser, B&W, B&O, MDR-V6/7506, and...
Correct.
New Posts  All Forums: