Posts by SpiderNhan

Yes, these are real, although they don't play music due to the lack of drivers or an audio cable. They are for "listening to the sound of the sea." http://www.perspective.name/ishells-by-joana-astolfi-ascoltando-il-suono-del-mare.html?lang=en
Why not another V-MODA cable? Also, is your M-100 still under warranty? When I had problems with my cable they just had me cut the cable in half and send them a picture. The new cable was sent to me within 3-4 days. If you want to go with a cable other than V-MODA, I know the Beats Android cables and Skullcandy cables work.
All electronic devices that play music have a DAC, which stands for Digital to Analog Converter. It is a chip that takes the digital information stored in audio files(WAV, mp3, aac, PCM, FLAC, ALAC, etc.) and converts them into an analog signal(electrical signal that runs to your headphones/speakers). Basically, a DAC does for sound what a video card in a computer does for graphics.   So iPods, iPhones, Android phones, laptops, PCs, etc. all have built-in DACS and they...
Do you have a price range for an amplifier? I'd start with something small and portable, since the XS is pretty efficient and doesn't need much power. Here's a short list of amps that have plenty of info on Head-Fi.   For bass boost: JDS Labs cMoyBB v2.03 (My review) JDS Labs C5/C5D FiiO E6 FiiO E11/E11K   For bass and treble control, plus DAC functionality: FiiO E7/E7K FiiO E17/E17K   Keep in mind, for efficient headphones an amp doesn't make much of a...
  This is a picture of the X1 in the silicon case. I imagine the X3 2nd Gen will be similar. From the looks of it, both your headphone splitters look like they will fit just fine.
@alec66 By "better upgraded cable," did you mean for sound quality, or just a better/different build than the fabric one it comes with?   The beauty of the XS is pretty much any cable will work for it unlike it's larger sibling the M-100, which requires a narrow connector sleeve to fit into the input jack. If you need a microphone and a pause/play button, all portable headphone cables will work and if you have an iOS device, then any cable with volume controls will work...
IIRC, @miceblue dissected his M-100 and posted pictures in this thread, although I can't locate the pictures now and I haven't seen him on here in a while.