Posts by hamzatm

They are sold, thank you to everyone who expressed interest!
Bought some new Sennheiser HD598 cans about a month or two ago, used them for a couple weeks and they've been packed back away since so they are almost new. I can confirm that these are the bees knees when it comes to gaming lol    Happy to post anywhere in the world, will post to the UK for £120 including delivery. Feel free to PM me for quotes elsewhere   Can add pictures upon request, but I am reluctant to remove them from their packaging at the moment!
Wow where did you order them from and for how much? The stock pads really are quite nice after the clamping force dies down :)
Thanks for bumping my thread guys :)   Can you get those pads in the UK too?   Anyhow, after a few more weeks the stock pads actually loosened up and are much more comfortable. I never did bother buying new pads, then gave the SR850s to my cousin :)
Interesting
On another note, orthodynamic headphones!   They are apparently similar to electrostatics like Stax which are apparently the ultimate in gaming. And they are much cheaper.   So whats the deal with those?
Also, anyone tried the AKG K 512?
  Friend want budget headphones that will completely blow his mind in movies and games (if there is such a thing), and luckily he is a complete noob when it comes to audio so I want to suggest something that has the right qualities that audio noobs tend to enjoy!   Limit is about £40/$100 so I was thinking the CALs or Samson SR850 or panasonic htf-600. Which one would probably be best, and are there any other worthy mentionables? He will use them on his laptop/360...
Friend want budget headphones that will completely blow his mind in movies and games (if there is such a thing), and luckily he is a complete noob when it comes to audio so I want to suggest something that has the right qualities that audio noobs tend to enjoy!   Limit is about £40/$100 so I was thinking the CALs or Samson SR850 or panasonic htf-600. Which one would probably be best, and are there any other worthy mentionables? He will use them on his laptop/360 and...
Really? I was running them through a Xonar DG and couldn't hear footsteps for jack in MW3. But again I heard that MW3 soundwhoring has been heavily nerfed since the previous games.   Probably for the price they are amazing, but I found the much more expensive DT770s to be just what I was looking for in MW3, nerf or no nerf they are amazing in positioning.