Posts by dsperber

As far as I'm concerned, I got my money's worth... no matter what it cost me.  Anybody else that's heard what the Realiser can do with their own custom made PRIR/HPEQ at a top multi-channel environment whose sound they like (e.g. AIX for me) and with high-end headphone playback equipment can't help but feel the same. I'm only glad it was finally brought to reality and made available for purchase by civilians like us.   For many many years, I used a vanilla Panasonic...
 First off... your suggestions for "audiophiles bringing gifts" gratuities are definitely terrific.  Myself, I go for a #11 with lettuce and tomato and thousand island dressing at Langer's (along with a bowl of chicken noodle soup).  And at Bay Cities I request a custom sandwich: Genoa salami and Parma prosciutto with provolone, "the works" but NO MUSTARD, mild peppers and some extra red wine vinegar though I don't fault those that request a Godmother. As far as how to...
Dr. Mark Waldrep (of AIX Studios) runs an online company named iTrax which sells the type of audio files you're probably looking for.   AIX itself also has a subsidiary named AIX Records, which sells disc versions of HD audio.   You can check these both out, to see if they satisfy your needs.
 I don't believe there's any affect on the sound field itself, or the audio illusion duplicating the listening environment that the PRIR captured.  It's still the same PRIR, and it's still the same headphone equipment (and corresponding HPEQ) that you're listening through. The only difference is that turning your head has zero effect on what you hear.  You could close your eyes, turn your head, and it sounds unchanged.  This isn't what happens in the "real world" if you...
 Many (including myself) don't use the head tracker at all.  Never have, because I found it very uncomfortable and distracting to try and keep my head upright and pointed straight ahead so that the two green lights were both on and "balanced sound" reached both of my ears equally same as would be the case with true speakers and looking straight ahead at the screen.  I found myself constantly looking up at the tracker sitting on top of the TV, to be sure both green lights...
 Two separate questions? The red "standby" LED is simply on at a constant brightness.  No setting to adjust its brightness. As far as the LED screen and white lights, the design is to have the in "bright" mode for only when you might be doing something or interested in something displayed on the screen.  Otherwise, after 10 seconds or so the lights go auto-dim so as not to be as distracting in a darkened viewing environment (if the equipment is visible to you).  What is it...
 I would agree with this observation.  I might describe it as "hollow, echo" sounding. The PRIR I got at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood (Lorr had made special arrangements) a few years back is notoriously "echoic".  We were sitting first row balcony in a large empty theater, and listening to anything through that PRIR is certainly unpleasant.  The original sample PRIR I got at the Smyth offices in Camarillo back in 2009, in their untreated demo room, was also very...
When you complete a PRIR measurement done properly, the final step is normally an A-B comparison (with the headtracker active, in order to facilitate the easy on/off of sound through either the headphones or the speakers) where you first put the headphones on while listening to Realiser-generated "solo" WAV sound from each speaker individually, and then take the headphones off while tilting them down so that the headtracker mutes the headphones and sends the same sound to...
 Don't forget to address the need to have your own PRIR made, rather than to try and "get by" with someone else's.  There's honestly no comparison.  If you want to get the most enjoyment you can from the Realiser and Stax system (or, if like me, you don't have your own genuine external multi-loudspeaker system and depend on your headphones 100% to listen to BluRay movies and HDTV), the PRIR is central at the core. And although it's typically not free (unless you have some...
 Have you heard the SR-009's powered by a high-end amp (e.g. SRM-007tII for tubes, or SRM-727 for solid state, or other high-end electrostatic amps?)? Unless you've heard the SR-009 powered properly, you can't imagine just how spectacular they sound especially with a super PRIR. Yes, that is LOTS of money, but I figure this headphone/amp will last me 20 years like my earlier top-of-the-line Stax setup did.  While I was at it I also added an external Audio-GD NFB9 DAC fed...