Posts by mrarroyo

Very good, the low gain is 2 and the high gain is 7 as you can imagine I used the low gain setting. Using an iPod as a source via a line out dock the performance of the amp using iem's or earbuds I found:   1. Good channel balance. 2. No hiss. 3. Easy to set up the volume even with the Westone 2 or the TripleFi 10.
As a 21 year resident in 33139 I can say that life on the beach can be a lot of fun but it will cost you! If you could stay an extra month you could ...   http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/25/2817698/urban-beach-weekend-fri-may-25.html 
Just read the impressions posted by Average Joe and overall concur with his findings. Cheers.
I read your impressions on the Portaphile 627 and I concur with your findings. I do not have ultra sensitive IEM's (Westone 2 and TripleFi 10) so I did not hear the hiss you did. I sure hope Cesar can increase the battery life to around 10 hours.
Directly from electric avenue or eBay.
Amps have steadily increased in price, no I do not like it but in early 2005 a gallon of gas was about $1.79 and now it is $3.69 so ...
Yes, it is a three channel.
Yes, I messed up and missed JP#s meet a while back.
Eric, it only runs warm to the touch not hot. I believe it does so because it runs in Class A.
Since my last post I let the Portaphile 627 burn in for an additional 80+ hours so a total of 200 hours since I received it. Some do not believe in burn in and that is fine, I do and thus why I report it. I strongly believe the last 80 hours have further improved the overall sound by:   1. Micro detail is to the point you can hear the breathing of the singers in some songs, the snare drum impact cuts right through. 2. Decay, going back to the snare drum and...