Posts by mrarroyo

A 2nd set of Senn  HD580, like I really need them.   
I have two HD580 and in one I have done all the mods as in APureSound, and in the other just removed the front foam. Both cans sound superb and I am very pleased, heck I prefer them over an HD650 by a wide margin.
I went on a trip combining work followed by a short vacation and took a Senn HD580 and the Portaphile 627 among other cans. I had spent some time driving the HD580 with the Portaphile 627 and new it could drive well in low gain, at least for the listening levels I listen at (about 9 o'clock). I spent additional time and found that I enjoyed the music a lot and it was the set up I chose if sitting down (can't listen in bed with big headphones).   The most interesting...
Rob, if you are looking for an energizer box or if you already have one I could loan you an SRD7 that Birgir modified and which I have been using for about a year with a Marantz 2230B. Nice sound and it will provide you with a point of reference  to compare. I am leaving on a week long vacation but if you shoot me a PM I could send it upon my return. Cheers.    
Where did you get that case?
How much do you want to spend? PM sent.
I enjoy the HE500 over the HD580/600 but all have their place/use. You could buy an used Marantz 22XX receiver from the 1970's and be very happy driving any of these cans plus you can use the speaker outs to drive a K1000 and Stax electrostatics (via energizer box).
I own both the Creative Aurvana Live and the Denons (D2000 as well as had the D5000 both stock and modified by Lawton Audio).  At $200 the Denon D2000 is a good unit but with the Mark Lawton's mods it become IMO a superb headphone. If you search you can find how to perform the mods for very little money and you will be very happy. I will say that when the Creative Aurvana Live are on sale for about $50 it is a no brainer because of their great sound, heck  I could not...
No issues with volume mismatch on the DZero.   Update 6/16/2012: I used TripleFi 10, Westone 2, and Creative Aurvana Live.
You are WRONG! Balance sounds better! It better sound better since it cost me a lot more money.