Posts by mrarroyo

Rob, which of Xin's amps do you have with a problem? I could not fix it but I know someone who might be coaxed into trying.   If you want a MiniBox ES amp shoot me a pm I have one that you could borrow for a couple of weeks to see if it is your cup of tea or not.
The MiniBox-E+ is superb with the Etymotics, the ES is better but IMO with the ER4S due to its higher gain (3 buffers per channel).
  The X-Can V2 with the PinkFloyd mods and a Little Pinkie PSU is one of my favorite amps!
atumnholy, although tubes wear out they as a norm are good for several thousand hours of use with some in the 5,000 to 10,000 hour range. The warm up is about 15 - 20 minutes and BTW, SS amps do sound better once they have been on for a few minutes, IMO of course.
Hi, the Green Solo came out in 2007 as an exercise by Graham to implement a switching power supply to drive the Solo amp and reduce the consumption of electricity. A lot has changed in the last 5 years and Graham has tweaked the output of his amps which now far outperform the Green Solo. If you have not bought the Green Solo I would suggest you pursue the Solo SRGII or the Ultra LInear w/ the PSU1 or with the switching power supply and later you can upgrade to the...
In what respect? I have owned the Novo, Green Solo, Solo SRG, Solo SRGII and have on loan the Solo UL with both the switching and PSU1 power supplies. The only one I have not listened to is the new diamond. As you know sound is a very personal thing and an amp is just one small component in the chain (power, source, amp, cables, headphones and the user's disposition/age/etc). I enjoy the presentation that Graham's amps provide and IMO it sounds better than any and all SS...
^ I see what you mean, the British Pound has sure improved in the last year or so. The Solo Ultra Linear retails for 510 british pounds once you remove the 20% VAT, this almost doubles to about $900 USD plus there is S&H from across the pond.
Gary, the Grado headband can be bent. There is steel underneath the leather (or plastic depending on the model) so you can loosen or tighten it.
I have had similar issues with other dac/usb cables and ended up swapping the cable to solve the problem. Can't explain it but I thought it was a poor connection at the USB cable end.
If you do not need portability the Octavart 01 is a very nice sounding unit which should bring you many hours of listening pleasure.