Posts by mrarroyo

How much do you want to spend? On the low cost end there is iBasso and on the higher end Head Amp. Both are awesome in their respective brackets and of course the higher priced unit does sound better.
Darn, so tempted to buy. I have listened to some of the Musical Paradise units and they sound very nice at a good price point. Sure hope this further improves the sound quality.
Nice looking amp you have there Dan.  Wish I was in Southern California so I could stop by and listen to it. Meanwhile I am here waiting for Isaac! 
Larry, IMO you need to open the unit up to do the job right. I would take pictures as you open the unit to document the as found condition and I would first put the unit outside and "dust it off" using compressed air. Make sure you do not direct or impact the tuning blades.   I also believe you should take the time to remove the knobs (the spoon trick or a thing rope works) then the faceplate. As I recall there is a brass nut in the mid pot that has to be removed as...
Matt, how soon will this meet be? I ask because it looks I may be in the Atlanta area from 9/1 through 9/5.
One is very good the other one is better. 
I love the volume pot in the UHA-4, not only is the operation flawless but the built in mute feature (push in) is awesome.
At $199 I gave in and got the Emotiva XDA-1, currently burning in.  
kindasonic, the SRGII is IMO a very nice sounding amp. Did you get the PSU1 with it or the switching PSU? If the second make sure the SRGII is grounded using the grounding post on the back of the amp. Good luck.
Kevin, that amp re-build is coming along AWESOME!