Posts by mrarroyo

Your are! Glad you are enjoying the new toy.
I have had this amp for a bit over two months. As stated above it has too much current going to the valve so I replaced a resistor with a 20 ohm 5 watt one and the amp draws less current and runs a bit cooler. As a side benefit the amp run time has gone from about 3 hours to 4.5 hours. Next I tried op-amp rolling and replaced the NE5532 with: AD8620, AD797 (two to one board), and LM4562. Of those the AD8620 sounded the best but not necessarily better than the NE5532 just...
I would try a different manufacturer unless you are buying a rebuilt Singlepower by a know repair shop. I still have my Singlepower MPX3 SE Slam that has been made safe and I love its sound, you may want to look into Mapletree amps by Dr. Lloyd or if you want to spend the moola Red Wine Audio amps.
^ Hi there, long time since I post here. I concur with your statement, Grado cans sound IMO great and unfortunately with the proliferation of new cans by various vendors people do not seem to be enjoying them as much. A pity since the Grado sound is unique and quite engaging with far more styles of music than just rock.  Currently listening to jazz via a highly modified SR80, which sounds great but of course not in the same league as the RS1 and higher Grado cans.
Had the HE6 on loan and have had the HE500 for a while as well as two K1000. As much as I like the HE500 the K1000 is IMO a whole different beast and the one I prefer. Granted we all hear differently and our music, sac, amp, etc can steer us into different directions. Just try it and decide which is better for you.
Find an used 1970's receiver from Marantz/Pioneer/Technics/etc in the 20-35 wpc range. and use the 1/4" headphone out or the speaker outputs to drive your cans.
I have had this amp for about a couple of months. Out of the box the unit runs very hot, has a gritty volume pot, and the battery life is around 3-4 hours. In order to improve the battery life and reduce the operating temperature I replaced the resistor shown below with a 5W 20 ohm and the amp runs much cooler as well as having a battery life of around 5 hours.          
Hi, I have owned both of this amps concurrently and while very good I would opt for a higher end model. A D-Zero would be more like a side step so a higher model from either manufacturer would be IMO the way to go. Good luck.
Larry, below is a link to the Marantz 2240 manual.   http://akdatabase.com/AKview/albums/userpics/10004/Marantz%202240%20Service%20Manual.pdf
Matt, I will be in travel mode so I would not have a lot of gear with me. Something like: iPod 5.5 w/ 240 Gb HD, Xin Reference w/ D5 module, Yuin OK-1, Creative Live Aurvana, and Westone 2.