or Connect

Posts by plakat

Thats what I think about them too... really good, especially given their size. A fantastic portable headphone that works well with even mobile sources of limited power such as a smartphone.
 As far as I know the facelift version always had the black cups with embossed logo. BUT someone once said that the original dies have the same logo... beneath the outer cup shell with the white logo. I did not check that as I don't care about that aspect (I think both versions are quite nice)... There seem to be hybrid models out in the wild where parts got slightly mixed up during assembly. Nevertheless the pads, headband padding and the availability of a coiled cable...
Once had the HD25... I think they excel at what they are: a monitoring headphone for mobile use (i.e. recording professionals, DJs, field sound engineers etc.). For pure music enjoyment I think they also are what they are: 25 years old. To me there are better models out there... Can't comment on the M50X as I've never heard it. COPS are fine, though I prefer the Studios as mentioned above. You can shorten the cable without much hassle if you're able to do a little...
 This is a good sign for a valid middle ground...
 May have been an older model... the current DT770 Pro 80 Ohm says just that on the cups. If you buy one yourself avoid the DT770 M -- thats the sealed drummer monitor version and only meant for *very* noisy environments. Sound suffers due to it not having the small vent that the normal versions have. Isolation is perfect even with the normal ones anyway...
'Boring' may not be the right word t odescribe the DT770 32Ohm, but at least with EDM the DT770 80Ohm is very engaging, fun, more than the 32Ohm version. I think the 32Ohm version is an attempt to provide a model primarily for mobile use, though more for professional applications than the COP. Unfortunately I've never heard the DT770 250Ohm, so I can't comment on that. The 80Ohm version is well worth 135,-, no question about that. Solid build, easy to repair (spare parts...
 I do own the COP but actually prefer the Custom Studios: the have better treble resolution and I prefer the bass presentation (choosing pos 2 or 3 on both models). That may be due to the velour pads on the Studio though... Problem is the Studio has 80Ohm drivers and does not work well with mobile devices (i.e. needs an amp for decent volume). I use my DT770 80Ohm much more often than both Custom models... they are *really* fun with EDM with their deep reaching, full bass...
Can anyone point me in the direction of a comparison between the K3003 and the Shure SE846? From reading impressions of the latter I'd deduce that they lack the fine treble and airy nature of the K3003 but do offer strong bass (especially considering they are BA).
Sorry, I can't answer that: the Abyss is gone (sold it some time ago) and the Master-1 is yet to arrive... its holiday season and therefore obviously a bit complicated... and it's simply not important enough to me to investigate any further. Plus its too hot to use it anyway...
They told you nonsense. Both current product versions, regular and CC, are exactly the same besides one having a coiled cable. I've seen the facelift model with straight cable, it most definitely has the changed headband and the wider pads. If you take a look at Beyers website both models are listed as facelift:http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/djs/dt-1350.html For mobile use I'd prefer the straight cable as its lighter and easier to handle...