Posts by plakat

I think they get that request rather often ;-)Unfortunately I heard it would not be viable to just reproduce the original as the moulds are lost or something like that. And they seem not to be convinced that a new development based upon that model would actually be worth it. Too bad...
At second thought: they missed out on using strass/rhinestone for the Abyss logo on the headband... possibilities are endless ;-)
While my post was not directed at anyone specifically, I'll of course answer your post as I have absolutely no problem with a mindfully written opinion that differs from mine. First I did not categorically exclude any possibility such effects might exist. I doubt it though, and to me the evidence is good enough reason to do so. It helped me trust my ears actually. I personally simply don't care anymore about what cables might possibly do to sound, its just not important...
I think the basic package is amp+cord, yes. A printed manual is also included, as well as a tool to tighten the screw of the volume control knob plus an explanation that it might in some cases get loose when shipped via air transport due to temperature. Obviously the variants with a remote include the remote control as well as its manual (its a generic remote with unfortunately many unused buttons).
Aren't those connectors the same used in PCMCIA WIFI cards and some battery-powered GSM access points for connecting an external antenna? If so... I always found them to be quite flimsy and maybe not the best choice for a headphone at a point where force might be exercised, making a harmless connector meet hard reality...
Exactly. Except for requiring a different cable length of problems with the connector, I don't think its worth it. My unit even came with an extension cable in the box. @Dopaminer don't tell me that you *don't* have those simple household items readily available? You need most of them for changing light bulbs as well ;-) Congratulation to @DimaSebastian 
Man, would I enjoy this forum with personal impressions being exactly that: personal. If cables do change sound (which I doubt and have no convincing evidence showing otherwise) they are definitely not making world-shaking changes to the sound signature of a headphone. I can understand enthusiasm for a new purchase, I do love the look and feel of a nice cable (and have spent quite some money on cabling for my PA system) I think we should keep it in proportion. And...
In addition to that they follow rather different design goals (I'm not talking about the goal to make them 'sound good' ;-) so its actually more a matter of taste if one likes some Audeze headphone or the K812 better. Regarding build quality: I think its extremely complex and manufacturers like AKG, Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser simply have much more experience in that field.   Yes, there is definitely a large audience here enjoying Audeze and Schiit stuff, both of which...
Congratulation @gipsy -- but don't expect too much with regard to packaging... Lake People keep that to a functional level ;-)
Actually I'm quite happy with their default color scheme. In I think Henry Fords tradition: color doesn't matter as long as its black ;-)   And No, I'm not one of those people that would live with something they see as ugly just because of its sound...