or Connect

Posts by plakat

I already have the PXC 550 and am waiting for the Sony... according to amazon it should arrive within the next few days, just in time for my next plane trip on Friday... hope to be able to compare the two on that occasion, but so far the PXC 550 does quite well
To me internal storage would only be relevant if it's far larger than micro sd cards since I prefer to be able to move music easily between devices. So I'd actually prefer a second card slot to more internal memory. In other news my order at Amazon.de changed to say "on time" below the estimated delivery date (which is still sept 20.-21.) and "shipping soon" appeared at the green bar... that happened yesterday for both of my Sony related orders (a 1A and the MDR-1000X)
@TWerk Yes, the list should be up to date. As you can see I also own the TH-X00 Mahogany, still considering to sell that one and keep the Purpleheart. #22 is nice, I was surprised by that since I did not think to be within the first 250 orders.   And Yes, I do like Beyerdynamic :-)
At last they made it to my place, resting about 3 weeks in Austrian customs. Today I picked them up at my local post office... but I think they deserve a better home. One that is maybe not as crowded with other headphones ;-)   I unpacked them to check for the bubble-packaging problem Massdrop mentioned in their recent mail, did not see any errors in the finish. They work flawlessly, look perfect. And sport the serial number 22. Includes original packaging of...
Looking forward to that one...
I actually saw them at IFA yesterday, digged them up despite the rather hidden booth. Then I just passed by... Some may like the design, but I'm definitely not one of those. Plus they are really big, the ear hooks looked intimidating, killing the rest of my wish to test drive them. Not for me, however good they might sound (but generally Audeze sound signatures do not fit my taste anyway). I returned later, but still no click, so that's that.   Will be interesting to see...
Many thanks to @ampair for organizing the room (again). Looking forward to see you all in October! We might have a special guest and some new toys for sure. Don't forget to bring along your favorite Schnaps...
We use this thread to keep our attendants together since the threads in the meet forum get closed as soon as a meet is over. So we try to discuss possible dates here and open an invitation thread over there as soon as a date is fixed.
Works fine with e.g. The Beyerdynamic DT1770: 120 is about the level I would use, 130 is loud to me, 140 much too loud and I would not listen at 145+ for more than a few seconds.
I did not find a thread for the new Edition M+, but find the model variant quite interesting. Ultrasone has been hit and miss for me so far, with ranging from what "would never consider" through "quite nice but not at its asking price" to "excellent comfort, mediocre sound" and "nice sound, mediocre comfort" With the announcement of the original Edition M they definitely piqued my interest: a high-aiming mobile headphone. But on-ear. Oh well. Now the M+ is over-ear, looks...