Posts by plakat

I've recently heard the same at our (small) meet in Vienna: 'Actually I already have my perfect set.' I guess thats what meetings are also intended to, not only spark new lust for equipment...   For me its time and time again the T1 I come back to, currently favouring the Phonitor 2 as its amp, looking forward to the upcoming A 2 I ordered yesterday. Right now I lsiten to the T1 on my vacation setup, iPhone as transport, HP-P1 as DAC and HP-V1 as amp... a lovely...
Due to the many options thats not easy to compare... plus I don't know how much could realistically be transferred to the Mini. I'm currently on vacation, so I have neither at hand: please take any comments with the necessary grain of salt. And keep in mind that for a valid comparison it would be necessary to get the exact same output volume setting, which I'm missing appropriate equipment for.   I normally use the Classic with max crossfeed and medium correction (i.e. a...
Just heard that there will be a black Jubilee Edition to celebrate Beyerdynamics 90th birthday :-) Limited to 1000 pieces worldwide, includes a hardcase.
Yes, that could work, provided that your source can drive your monitors (i.e. Its output is powerful enough).
Yes, 2 inputs (switchable on the front), but no preamp-out...
A silent launch may be a misinterpretation: these are not consumer-oriented headphones but rather intended for audiometry. Normally they will be part of a fixed installation. I guess they are not even sold to consumers but rather wholesale only. And they are not intended for normal music consumption. The T51p or the DT1350 are a better choice...
 There is some kind of safety mechanism in place: the cups can pop out of the metal frame to protect them from breaking if dropped. So if the screws directly adjacent to the red circles on your photo are tight everything should be alright. Just checked with my pair and they do move a tiny bit.
 I think many actually loose a lot of what their equipment would be capable of by listening too loud: the ears start to distort at a rather low level (which I forgot). Personally I find it too stressful: I can't enjoy music when its too loud. Which sometimes gives interesting discussions with my clients (I'm in part working as a sound engineer... always wearing hearing protection on site). Besides that I think good equipment does not need to play at ear-bleeding levels to...
Its a nice companion to the T5p while I find it a bit overwhelming with the TH900. Yes, the potentiometer could offer a bit more (mechanical) resistance and yes, I, too, would have liked a 6,3mm socket like Nathan mentioned in his review. I use an adapter with a short cable to avoid stress on the socket. Drives the T1 as well, also a nice combination.
 Good fit then. Enjoy!  The Mini mentioned several times might be an option, according to SPL it shares the main traits with the Phonitor 2, but uses a simpler matrix (i.e. less parameterized version of their near field monitor simulation) and has fewer inputs. And costs quite a bit less (€ ~700 vs. €1650).