or Connect

Posts by plakat

We use this thread to keep our attendants together since the threads in the meet forum get closed as soon as a meet is over. So we try to discuss possible dates here and open an invitation thread over there as soon as a date is fixed.
Works fine with e.g. The Beyerdynamic DT1770: 120 is about the level I would use, 130 is loud to me, 140 much too loud and I would not listen at 145+ for more than a few seconds.
I did not find a thread for the new Edition M+, but find the model variant quite interesting. Ultrasone has been hit and miss for me so far, with ranging from what "would never consider" through "quite nice but not at its asking price" to "excellent comfort, mediocre sound" and "nice sound, mediocre comfort" With the announcement of the original Edition M they definitely piqued my interest: a high-aiming mobile headphone. But on-ear. Oh well. Now the M+ is over-ear, looks...
Nice that they are coming to market finally... I, for one, really like their design, nicely augmenting the all-black look of the DT1770.  
Something like €320,- as far as I remember...
 Thats the Yamaha HPH-MT220? Looks like a lot of plastic, but pads do look comfortable.
 I'm into electronic music as well and really love the Master-1 for those genres. Just got A Hugo last week and have to say it pairs exceptionally well with the Master-1. Did not turn it up loud, but bass just kicked more than expected.  Thats insane. But somewhat inline with the costs of the balanced cable. Will not get spare parts I guess... #172 btw.
Just recently acquired a black Hugo and I have to admit it really is something special. Its shortcomings like forgetting input selection and volume over power down don't bother me as much as I always thought, while its sound signature is just a dream to me. I'm especially fond of the pairing with the Ether C (I like the fact that the Hugo features a fullsize jack) and the T5p2. Incredibly detailed and effortless and such a lively well-structured bass that I did not turn...
Nice review, @Slaphead  My conclusions after owning the Sine for about 2 weeks is almost the same, with the DT1350 being the clear winner overall. I really wanted to like the Sine, but its giving me a hard time with comfort being so so and its upper mids to lower treble transition being a bit uneven/dipped.   My first try with the Cipher cable almost led to an immediate return... initially I listened with the normal cable and rather liked its sound signature. switching...
 That sums it up nicely. Yes, the TH900 is even more v-shaped than the TH600 but has a bit finer treble (where the TH600 sometimes can sound rather hard while the TH900 does not).  Really don't know why this keeps popping up again and again... To me the T5p2 isolates quite well (and no, the TH900 is not like an open headphone like the K812 or the HD800). Yes, there are headphones that isolate better, but for my use cases its more than sufficient.