Posts by Lillee

I wasn't referring to sound signature at all. Simply put, if your amp cannot at least output 750mW (give or take) bare minimum at the ohms for your magnetic planar earphones (50 Ohm for Alpha Dogs) then there isn't enough power to sufficiently drive them. Here's what Audeze has to say, they recommend 1Whttps://audeze.zendesk.com/entries/20866002-Selecting-an-amp-  It's not just about loudness, as some amps with small wattage can play music loudly @ 50ohms but a 350mW amp...
 It's something to do it "grip and control". Loudness doesn't mean that that the amp has wads of power to grab the earphones and wring every last drop from them. Especially true with magnetic planar. I noticed a big difference between about 500mW per channel and 2W per channel. Both were ear piercingly loud, but only one had the grip and control to really make the bass go wow.
Thanks for the review john57! I have been thinking seriously about LCD3 or HE560 as an upgrade/side grade to Alpha Dogs, so the timing of the release for AP's was extremely good indeed!
  I've put in my order for Primes. And now the waiting game...
For sale are my Alpha Dogs. I love these headphones and with the Dog Treats fine tuning they sound superb. Perfect in every way with my Violectric V200/V800 stack. Only selling to upgrade to Alpha Primes.   Only ever used indoors and lately seldom used. I would say that are in Excellent to Perfect condition, no visible marks, scuffs or anything really. I am a non smoker. Will ship anywhere.    Comes with box and all original accessories, including 1/4" stock cable,...
Yeah I didn't buy it directly from Apple
Can't remember who but from their ebay store. (It's out of warranty already btw). Basically I'm saying I didn't diy it myself with my monkey hands using paper clips and chewing gum, someone who knew what they were doing made it and it's excellent quality. Enough to even offer warranty on it.
Gen 7 iPod classic with 240gb Toshiba HDD. Not a DIY, bought as a complete unit with warranty. Running Apple software currently. Seldom used mainly as a storage device to output to a Dac. Recently only used as a car player. Perfect working condition comes with free black silicone cover. Attached are screenshots of the HDD diagnostic data as well as a HD Tune Pro scan of the HDD showing no bad sectors. As you can see the HDD SMART data shows only 74 hours of usage...
Today's prank will be tomorrow's reality! There probably will be an AK480 and it will have those specs, but maybe not at that price!
Any details on how I go about buying my lottery ticket??