Posts by snowshoe

I listen to a lot of classical music and use the Emotiva XDA-2. I've been very happy with it. However, for music such as string quartets or any music that features the cello (or bass -  I'm thinking of Esperanza Spalding's music even though it's not classical) I prefer to use the XDA-2 as a DAC only and feed it through to a Schiit Magni. The timbre of those instruments is much more pleasing to my ears with the brightness of the Magni. I would not worry about an amp's...
 Look 3 posts up.
This is really interesting @Folex. I'm sure Keith over at Emotiva knows about it, but it's worth bringing it to his attention. Have you contacted Emotiva about this?   Edit: I think you have.   If that's you over in the XDA forums, check my response. Although what I've quoted is for a problem with Macs, it might also have something to do with the issue on Windows.
I tend to save copies of everything in zip files on a storage drive so I don't need to download/rip again should I delete anything or anything happen to my live drive. I have about a TB of stored music and about 600GB of music in active libraries (like iTunes).
 I didn't , but since you mention it, I don't agree that it looks like something from 10.4. Non-native mac-like is JRiver! (I honestly have no idea what the attraction is to JRiver). However, I'm with you on the library manager front. Library manager means that the app gets bigger and heavier - something I'm not particularly keen on.  What I'd like is a mini player that stays on top of other windows. Also, whatever you think of the interface, surely it's better that what...
I’m having trouble seeing if these have the bumps on the headband. I own the Q701s, but those bumps are hella painful!
So you got A+ to work? What caused the noise? I've never had noise caused by A+. Interesting that you like VOX. I agree it has a nice interface, but I didn't feel it added an improvement over iTunes. Fidelia has been a huge letdown over the last couple of years. I liked it and thought it offered a lot of promise, but it's too buggy.   I won't use JRiver until they make a proper mac app. I don't understand why they seem intent on creating what in effect is a port of a...
I'd really like to know if anyone else is seeing something like this:   Queue up one song at 16/44 followed by another at 24/192 (All FLAC files). The 16/44 song will play but A+ will just stop when it moves to the 24/192 song. This does not always happen, but a way of making it happen is to let the computer sleep for 15 mins or more. Wake up the computer and then try again. The only fix is to change USB ports.   (BTW: I never use integrated mode. If I want music from...
It may be Mavericks that's buggy. I just can't get it to play nicely with any of my DACs via USB. The thing is, iTunes will only play music at 44.1kHz (unless I'm doing something wrong) so I play hd music through A+. Since there seem to be problems with hd music, either A+, Mavericks, my computer, or both of my DACs is the problem. I can rule out my computer and the DACs, but I have no idea if A+ or Mavericks is the problem. The problems, by the way, are: Incorrect bitrate...
Sorry I couldn't get back to you on this the other day. I am testing out the uS on my DT900s right now. I'll report back with more impressions later, but I wanted to say that the sound is much better than I expected (not to say that I had low expectations, but I find the DT990s to be really fussy). I'll be comparing it with an Emotiva XDA-2 both as a DAC paired with a Schiit Magni and as a DAC/amp. I tend to prefer the DT990 paired with the XDA-2 /Magni combo. The Magni is...