Posts by Bill-P

I think you can try Audio High in Mountain View to demo some Audeze and Sennheiser gears... but yeah, we are in dire need of a massive retailer that would take in all of these high-end headphones and let people audition... like Fujiya-Avic in Japan.   As it is, I think mini meets work. And all that we really need is a space that's big enough for some folks to crash for a few hours.   Anyway, I'll start doing heads count now. Hopefully we'll get something concrete...
 I could have kept the same amount of bass as the original, but that's just a little bit too much for me, and it sounds very unnatural for drum hits and such. Accurate bass is definitely much less than the amount that the ES10 tries to portray. The stock W1000, IMO, is not necessarily marketed toward jazz. It would need to be a bit warmer and less accentuated than what it is, and at least it needs more bass than that for classical. It might have been marketed toward purely...
Well, it's not just simply stuffing the wool felt in there. There is a methodology to all of this if you would like to get more clarity out of the ES10.   I kept thinking I couldn't do any more, and then I got curious again, so I opened the headphone up and shaved down the amount of dampening materials I used, and also tried out different placements. So both the quantity of the wool felt and the placement is important. You're dealing with a very limited amount of space...
The Pro has always been priced that low from what I can remember... so that's not really a special price.   On the other hand, a second-hand Premium 600 Ohm pair can be found for around $200 these days.
Yes, sir!
I was able to meet with Baronkatz briefly, but I'm still keeping this going. I'd love to meet people and start getting feedbacks because those are important for me to continue tuning my headphones. My ears are not the most reliable after all. After every meet, my modded gears keep improving... as I try to take comments into account, and also because I get to hear new things, so it's all a very valuable experience for me. So let's make this happen!! Glad to have you on...
 Well, I only have "after" photos now. I forgot to take photos of the internals before the modifications. But sure, I can try to post some instructions and a list of what to purchase to dampen the ear cups. Now I'm itching to compare my W1000 to the L3000...
 Well, you have somehow gotten your wish. I'll put that DT770 up for sale soon. Reasons below:  Yeah, my mod is simply to open up some holes in the W1000. I wanted to verify the results before writing down impressions... But I didn't expect this: I'm selling off ALL of my other headphones to keep just the W1000. To my ears, my modded pair is just so far ahead of my other headphones that it's not even funny. And the W1000 with a darker sound and more bass is pure perfection...
Reopening listing. After much deliberation, I have decided to let these go again.   I've also dropped the price to sweeten the deal for anyone looking for that ultimate portable headphone.
The Continental is a tube amplifier, I don't think anything (except for another tube amp) would have a similar sound signature.   I have heard the Continental versus ALO National, and there is just no comparison. The Continental is simply ALO's best portable amp IMO. I suspect that if the ALO Island is anything like the National, then the Continental would effortlessly outclass it.   In some cases, it's not just about power, but the quality of it.   So you can...