Posts by Bill-P

Haha, so I got my modded ES10 measured. Special thanks to Purrin for bringing us these graphs:   Slight channel imbalance... that's on me. But the general frequency response can still be seen. For perspective, here's the stock frequency response:  So the mod reduced that treble pretty significantly, brought the midrange out a little bit more (especially upper midrange) than stock and also made bass more linear. That's most likely why I felt like your ES10 had more bass...
 Haha, I see it now. Glad I was able to help!  Haha, yeah. And I saw two Sony A7's. Would have loved to see the image quality on that thing. As it is though, I'm really loving the X-Pro1 over my old X100. The images I'm getting are spot-on with excellent colors.  Haha, it was just that I screwed up on the ISO settings for your photo specifically, so it came out a lot darker and much less detailed than the other photos. That was on me! You look fabulous from that angle!
Haha, oh man, and I didn't forget to include this person, but I wanted to make sure I didn't butcher his photo too much.   Here's MKubota1:  
 Oh wow, I just realized that. Thanks for the tips!
 Talking about faces to names... Here are some faces that I took. Jon and Baronkatz  Just Jon:  And I caught Baronkatz while he was enjoying his burrito. Sorry, man, but your face is so priceless that I have to upload this!  And here's HiFiGuy528 enjoying that certain pair of headphone and that certain amp... (haha, play a guessing game!)  SanJoseCanJunkie  Van  UZI and his $1000 USB cable. He's your man if you need to know whether or not it makes a difference!  And...
So I've now officially been seduced by the W1000 (non-X version).   If any kind soul is willing to let their mint condition W1000 go for a price, please... name it!
 Haha, now you know how it feels like to be a midrange-head. It seems to me you are more of a basshead than a midrange-head, so perhaps you will enjoy the W1000X more. But to me, man... after listening to that W1000, there is simply no going back. It was just so good. I swear, the next time a pair goes on sale... Anyway, pictures incoming. I've just been busy with work and other things.
Oh boy, I'm definitely in.   Of course my ES10 will be in tow. This time with Sony Vaio Tap 11 as source, and... no amp! I feel that this combo is good enough that I'd call the pair "final" in terms of synergy and SQ. Review on Sony's new "Clear Audio" technology embedded in this tablet to follow! Sneak peek: it's good enough for me to abandon EQ via amp altogether.   No table space necessary for me, but maybe I'll need some when I have decided on which headphone to...
Hi.   Up for trade is my beloved custom ATH-ES10. I'm kind of curious about the sound of some very specific headphones.   I'll layer money on top for higher-priced headphones, of course!   Looking for trade with: Audio Technica ATH-W3000ANV   (something else?)
How often would you like it to be? Wolfetan: Sorry, I'm not the organizer this time around, but I'd love to help out, of course. We shall see. ---- Anyway, I had a blast with everyone else. Our host was awesome, and they were very nice! So nice that they forgot to tell everyone about their product! In case you don't know, Voxoa has one headphone model out on the market right now. It's a bluetooth wireless headset with NFC (for Android). It's very nice. Check it out when...